Procyon?

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Because of my gear residues worry me a lot. They always have. I decided that I'd let encapsulation do some of the residue management for me, my pre-sprays, odour neutralisers, oxidisers, citrus and emulsifier and acid rinses are all encapsulating cleaners. It helps my location has very good quality water too.

I used to spray down chemical, but since the PoliVac C27 came along I have become a HUGE fan of the shower feed. I can keep the solution warmer and I can apply and agitate in one step. As Jimmy L would say - I "Scampoo" the pre-treatments in and then let them dwell.

I fill my extractor with super hot water, Australia lends itself well in general to getting good reserves of really piping hot water from the building's hot water service in many parts.

I then add my rinse agent; alkaline if heavy soiling is present, acid if it's more sedate. I will start cleaning with - dry passes - trying to lift the treatments and soil back to the top before irrigating with rinse solution. I will rinse the lane twice usually and dry pass twice to good effect on most jobs.

If I use the alkaline encapsulating emulsifier rinse on a nasty one, I usually - get the guilts - and will do a final - polishing rinse with the acid. I also will generally double my usual strokes to cater better to nasties. And if I can see soil is still visually rinsing away in the machines inspection dome, I keep rinsing and drying.

This method has worked the best so far. Carpets are dry in a few hours and the carpets have a nice hand. Not as soft as somebody with a machine that puts ten - fifteen litres of water per sixty seconds of trigger time who is also using a rinse, but given the huge gulf in consumption I am very happy with the hand and the end. Very comfortable feeling.

The encap magic takes care of what I don't.

My chemical supplier Scot Laboratories asserts that when cleaning carpet up to 4% of the cleaning chemical applied will remain behind at drying. This residue profile is cumulative over subsequent cleanings.

Source:
http://www.scots-tuff.com/main.asp?zone=3&detail=9

As I understand it Trisodiumphosohate powered cleaners are very environmentally unsound.

Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: billyeadon

Willy P

Name
Willy P
They looked fine Scott. That's the entrance to a church. It gets used everyday and cleaned quarterly and these folks are meticulous about the place. I've cleaned there for years and not had a problem, neither have they.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So willy how did those carpets look a week later

Can't answer for Sir Willy, but can for mine.

They look great and stay clean long.
Probably every bit as good as yours.
Only better :winky:

Cause it ain't the tools DI water person. It's the person behind the machine.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I feel doing the acid rinse leaves residue as this is what I've found upon return to clients homes. I am having much better results with Procyon and fresh water rinsing now. Just my findings so far

Reactions: Total_Rookie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom