PROFIT margin on a top O dee line VORTEX?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Say the top of the line vortex costs 90 G's.

How much profit does BL make off of it?

G

They seem to make a LOT on the yellow paint on the 7000..oops, er...I mean the 850 blower...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Enough to pay Tom Hill for one month! :shock: LOL

I would think 3-4 times what you would make off a average slide-in.

That's a lot of truck, it costs a lot of money to make, they are going to expect a larger margin.

It's just too big, too loud, too much machine for me! :roll:

I'd like the performance just don't like the package, I'll wait until they shrink that beast down to size before I'd be interested.

To each his own! I like the looks of them but I'd hate
spending all day in a rock shaker. :?
8)

Greenie

Dollar for dollar, If I was a BL dealer I'd rather sell 4 Thermal Wave IIs, or if you want to count the trucks too, I'll take two TW II, betcha the commission is more, and the sale is easier with a greater chance of a slam dunk on the first attempt at financing.

I learned that lesson on the Titanium wand, most expensive wand, but carried the lowest margin of them all and in the beginning more were returned than actually sold = PITA for a dealer.

G

Greenie, I think the question was how much BL makes, not the dealer.

Greenie

Same rules apply, why would you think it would be any different.

Despite popular belief the dealer is positioned to make as much as the Mfg, why am I explaining this? Reminds me of the Home owner Dr. who thinks the carpet cleaner is cleannig up cause he was billed $300 for three hours of work.

G

Greenie said:
Same rules apply, why would you think it would be any different.

Ummm...maybe because I worked for a few capital equipment OEMs and CMs before I started cleaning...

Greenie

PITA But "Supportive" Member..

Just sound like a broke dick carpet cleaner bitchin' about the man.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The only people that have made any money off the BL/V is the dealers.
That is a fact.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd quit selling them if that's truly the case.

When we can't make any money at a service, we just don't offer it.

If you're saying they are selling a machine for $90,000.00 and are doing it for no money then I think they need to re-think whether its worth doing or not. :?

Mikey P

Administrator
Really Chuck..

It's getting to be an embarrassment dude.

With each and every Vortex thread you got to get off a crack. What the hell do you care, you got a POS slide in that is rarley used...Why the passion with the V?

Let me guess.

To piss me off?

To impress Terry?

To piss Demien off?

You have nothing else of value to post about?

To piss me off?

To impress Jimmy?

If I saw you take interest in any other issue, I would let it go, so stfu already.

I will say 20k profit to BL and 10k to the dealer

90k-30k=60k
wholesale on the box 38k
60k-38k=22k for the machine

Might even be more profit.

And I could be way off but I don't think so.

Greenie

There is 22K in a BUTLER.

So I'd guess you are off by a few bucks.

And I promise you a dealer doesn't make $10K, or I'd be hawking Vs like they were going out of style.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh Chuckie has indeed impressed Jimmy....but in what way I'm not telling.

I ask a simple question and everyone gets in an uproar.

Kind of like a Chevy truck owner asking someone how much they paid for their Ford.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Having been a distributor years ago it's not as easy as it sounds.

It's almost like having another child, actually like having one with your EX-wife.

Anytime the slightest thing goes wrong, even when it's operator error, you get a call. "I spent $$$$$$$ on this POS!" operator error..sorry!

Phone calls, eating labor on warranty, etc. it's no picnic!

They earn the margin!

F

FB7777

I'm with you Richard.

While it sounds like a nice chunk of change on a machine sale, the hand holding and after sale assistance ie tweaking and such, eat into that up-front profit.

Your reputation can take a bigger hit on the machine side than on the chemical sales.

At least with chemical product or accessories you can exchange or replace for low dollars vs. trying to keep a TM running for a guy that either treats it like garbage or has some inherent design flaws.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
There is now way there is 20k profit in a butler and also now way there is 30 in a V. Remember profit is what's left after ALL expenses are paid.

We don't even pay barely 20k for butlers with almost all the bells and whistles, and buy the van through a dealership after getting all the GM rebates. I would be amazed if Butler made more than 3-4k per unit sold, and BL more than 8-10.

Ken

I'm talking of just the profit off the machine and truck not overall of the whole business.

The numbers from the wholesale side of these units would surprise you!

My neighbor works for a very large corp that builds name brand drill rigs
They have 400k in them and they sell for 1.2 mil! His company turned 200 mil profit last year. They built them inhouse for years from top to bottom. Now they farm everthing out and make more profit by just assembling them.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Bill Bane is the one making a killing.

I think the vortex is a awesome machine, worth 90k, questionable at best.

I wonder though, why people who buy mercedes never(most anyways) pimp them out and they pay just as much or more.

My point is, Mikey and others are just like anyone in a competive sport. If you want to go faster you spend more money. But buying a machine to clean carpet and other surfaces and spending top dollar, that technology and performance should already be there.

People like Greenie are carpet cleaning performace gods, just like eldebrock is to the motor. And with people like these, manufactors will take notice in future designs and performance.

G

We need to take up a donation for Pops...and get him a set of wheels for that damn V.

Mikey P

Administrator
My wheels are just fine.

If you want to start a collection start one for this-

klr650-red_small.jpg

And If I die on it I'll make sure that my will turns this into Chad'sBoard.

Back
Top Bottom