Propane guys... got a question. A strange one.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have had to have my lg jets cleaned out twice in the last few months.

This time only 3 jets were burning. Took apart.. and the orifices were clogged with hard white sand like granuales.
Second time. Tcs or my disty has never seen or heard of it. Bad propane? Anyone know?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I think its a extra dose of smellys in the propane....i THINK.....

one reason i like my burner over the rings.....but i kinda like the rings to...

Mike Draper

You know, I took mine apart at 350 hours to see if there was any silt or whatever at the bottom of the burner.....not so much as a grain of anything came out and all my burners were working perfect. You guys must have dirty propane or something, maybe your propane tank is dirty inside before you hooked it up.

joeynbgky said:

This time only 3 jets were burning. Took apart.. and the orifices were clogged with hard white sand like granuales.
Second time. Tcs or my disty has never seen or heard of it. Bad propane? Anyone know?

Joey,

Your problem is that when you cleaned your jets the first time you accidentally cleaned the jet orifices too large. This caused the gas mixture to be too rich at the jet. If you look at the jets you will see they are venturis with holes at the base. This is actually air mixture like a carburetor.

Once the orifice is too large you will see the white sand-like material. This material is carbon. You need to replace the complete burner ring. The jets really cannot be replaced. They heat-seize into the burner ring. Make sure that you watch my maintenance video and notice that I stress the point of not making the orifices too large.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks les. I have never cleaned them. My disty has always done it. So I am going to explain this to them. Cause there gonna pay to replace it, and give me my money back for all the extra cleanings. would I be rude to ask them this?

joeynbgky said:
Thanks les. I have never cleaned them. My disty has always done it. So I am going to explain this to them. Cause there gonna pay to replace it, and give me my money back for all the extra cleanings. would I be rude to ask them this?

Joey,

I don’t think it would be rude. If I had done it you would never have had to ask me.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I wonder if that caused my regulator on my tank to have to be replaced a few months ago? And liguid came out if it then

joeynbgky said:
I wonder if that caused my regulator on my tank to have to be replaced a few months ago? And liguid came out if it then

Joey,

Only vapor is supposed to come out of the propane tank. If you have liquid coming out of the tank, this can also cause the jets to carbon up and also cause the regulator to fail. Have you noticed the regulator icing up? This is a good indication of liquid. If liquid is coming out of your propane tank, the tank is being overfilled.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Sometimes its cold not ice. So my burner ring might be ok? And it was overfilled? I watch them when they fill it up. They open the bleeder valve and seem to be filling untill there machine makes a.loud noise and stops pumping

K P

Leslie Judson Jones said:
joeynbgky said:

Joey,

Your problem is that when you cleaned your jets the first time you accidentally cleaned the jet orifices too large. This caused the gas mixture to be too rich at the jet. If you look at the jets you will see they are venturis with holes at the base. This is actually air mixture like a carburetor.

Once the orifice is too large you will see the white sand-like material. This material is carbon. You need to replace the complete burner ring. The jets really cannot be replaced. They heat-seize into the burner ring. Make sure that you watch my maintenance video and notice that I stress the point of not making the orifices too large.

I replaced the jets on my ring over a year ago, no problems

Mike Draper

Your tank should only be filled to 80%. Figure out what that is. Also, just after I had my tank filled I went and cleaned on a hill, I had liquid coming out of my regulatore and it was icing up. Parking on a hill and working when your tank I full could cause this.

dgargan

"Thanks les. I have never cleaned them. My disty has always done it. So I am going to explain this to them. Cause there gonna pay to replace it, and give me my money back for all the extra cleanings. would I be rude to ask them this?"

Let us know how that works out. I have never had a distributor own up to a mistake that they made.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Every regulator I had to replace was due to the dumbass propane guy over filling the tank. You've got to watch them, our guys were always trying to do too many things at once and they would let the tank overfill. :x

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea now a days it shouldnt get overfilled...

all the tanks have over fill protection....newer tanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom