Propane Heater Question! again...

jeg1983

I was thinking for a while I was going to take my van into a shop to have the propane heater put into it. But I'm thinking I can put it in myself. Could some one please tell me what goes to the Fitting on TOP of the propane heater. By the chimney thing. I took it apart to see where it went and it seems to go into the propane line. If some one would let me know that would be awesome. I was also curious if the water goes to the heater first then through the pump or through the pump then to the heater. I would imagine it goes to the heater first then to the pump then out to the solution hose.I asked this before but I forgot and I wanted to get this all into one thread so I can just print this out tomorrow when I try to get this thing working. I am pretty much clueless on this since this is my first experience with a propane heater.

Thank you all for your help!
Jamie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
little giant right??? very top(that is pointing up, unless an elbow) is water input....the one just to the side(all by its self) is the output...on the other side is your propane hook-up, temp dial.

and yes it goes pump then heater...because the pumps will pit or blow seals with to hot of water...(though i have pushed it with restaurant water and then exchanger heat)

soooo inlet------water box------pump------heater----wand

jeg1983

OHH! OK this is making more sense...the thing I'm talking bout is on the top and its a small like 1/2 inch inlet with threads on it. And I have a elbow that comes off. I do not remember if I took it off our old LG or the new one. So that inlet on top is where the water is pushed through the coil? Cause on my LG I have a propane hookup on one side and on the other side there is a big inlet whole and I have a big brass piece with a connection commin off each side of it. Then on the top there is the inlet i was refering to that is a half inch and threaded. Sorry if I sound like a idiot. I kinda am when dealing with this stuff.

Thanks alot for your help everyone!
Jamie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
its late now, but i could take a pic of what the back side "should" look like..

should have a T with a pressure relief on one and the out let on the other...

now on the top i had a male end, so i could add the hose if needed or if i had to move it...etc..

and on the outlet was a female so i could do the same things...

jeg1983

i got my LG off of Ebay and it is a older unit and I painted it with a high temp paint to look a little more pleasing to the eye. I will take a picture of it and post. One side of the T has a Screw on connection the other side has a like slide on conection. the top is where the water will enter the propane heater then?

Thanks
Jamie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah they go in and then it splits into 3 separate tubes, goes down comes back and into a single large tube, then it discharges

jeg1983

I hate to ask this of you but it would help me greatly in hooking mine up. Is there anyway I could get a picture or 2 of your propane heater setup. just so I have a reference to go off of. I'm sure it might be a lil different but it will give me a better general idea. I'm sure once I do this once it should be pretty dam easy to figure out when I have to do it again. If not that's OK too I might be able to figure it out and Greenie was kind enough to gimme his number and offered to help But I hate doing stuff on the phone cause I do not retain info as well hearing it as I do when I read it. But if I can not get it at all I'm hoping he will help me a bit since it sounds like he is a TM genius I honestly appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Jamie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey if your still up and get this give me a call

801-898-6210

then i can take pics as i talk to you and make sure you get them and if you have any questions

jeg1983

My E-mail is JAEUGA1983@hotmail.com if you get a chance to take a picture or two for me. if not its OK . IM considering taking it to Seattle and having a guy down at Jon Don putting it in for me.Cause I do not really want to screw up my machine just cause I do not know how to hook the heater up myself unless you think I could get it in and working myself without any prior propane heater experience. I just do not want to have to drive a Hour and a Half each way. But if worst comes to worst I might have to. Interlink is a little closer but they do not work on propane heater and such so I was told.

Thanks
Jamie

G

Top of the Lil Giant is line coming from your pump. Back of lil giant near top runs to where your hooking up your pressure line. 2 outlets on front will be for either temp and pressure release/control valve.

jeg1983

OH. OK that helps alot. Knowing where the hoses are going and coming from. I'm so happy I found this site. I will be a supporting member soon. I have already got more than my $5 worth this month without a doubt. If some one does have a pic of there's or something that would be cool but I am getting alot better idea about hooking this thing up now. Thank you guys very much. I was also wondering where I could get new hoses for it with the end connections pieces already on them.

Thanks again!!
Jamie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
go to a local hose shop...they will have anything you will need..show them the hook ups and they will crimp the right stuff for you,,,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom