Propane heater

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I am filling out credit aps for a new rig. In the likely event I can not get financing with out getting raped, I want to pimp my current ride. My White Magic Pro 1000 runs near 190F but I want to get up to around 230F. What kind of Heater am I looking for? Form the info i was able to find the little giants only go up to 200F.

Name
Jesse
You can adjust a little giant to whatever you want very easily, a 3ht will make you happy, make sure you get the high pressure unit if you want to run up to 1000psi doing t&g. The 3ht will give you about a 70 degree rise under real high flow, single wand that is.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
how much you wanna spend???

http://www.silverhawke.com/carpetcleaner.htm

absolutly love mine...and it can take the hot water in to..unlike some that may have issue...

had one issue and that was a result of a bolt loosening in shipping....found it and bam worked great for almost 2 yrs now...

I am even pressure washed with it once before....meaning, i hooked up a cold water washer to it and cranked out at around 3500 psi and had the heat going....try that with a little giant

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Since your just going to use it as a post heater I think something smaller than a 3HT would work well. It will depend on what flow you plan do run. If you go with a Silver Hawk be sure and get the one with the SS coil.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the black pipe works....it took about 3 mths of pre-flush (which i do all the time anyway, to heat the coils and get my hot water for pre-spray) to get rid of the black gook..

now it could be cuz it needs a descale but, it doesnt do it anymore

Name
Jesse
On that machine I'd check your actual temp under the highest flow you use before making my decision. If you only have 1 heat exchanger on that white magic you may only be at 150-160 or less in the cold months. If you want a 90degree rise a 2ht won't cut it. If your truck has 2 exchangers like some do, then you'll probably maintain 180-190 pretty well.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Thanks for the feedback guys. So any Little Giant thermostat can be adjusted to 230F? I just need a little boost in the winter and with the nasties like restaurants.

G

If you want real heat; get a kerosine heater; you can do 250 easily all the time; will handle 3000 psi; or talk to greenie; he knows a few tricks on how to pimp a propane regulator to get higher heat also.

Name
Jesse
To adjust your LG,

- pull off the temp adjust knob
- loosen the nut that holds the stopper
- adjust to desired position
- test your temps to see what your getting.
- replace stopper, tighten nut, install knob

You've officially been pimped

Greenie

btw; one in 2 guys who read that, screw it up and require a 20 min. tech support call to correct situation.

For the record: I don't officially recommend anyone adjust their LG heater beyond factory pre-set limits.

OutofCharacter is correct in his temp rise advice, just a little kick on a 190 system, the #2 is fine, if you want over 600psi consistantly, or more of a rise, better get a high press. #3.

I hate black pipe...that goes for Kero or LP.
Copper and SS are the way to go for carpet cleaners.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea but you cant deny mine greenie, and you know it :wink: :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom