Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
last_of_the_mohicans.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Oh joy. Do some crap jobs for some arrogant asshole know-it-all property manager who thinks only a Vortex will do for his shit work. May as well smash it head-on and try for a good insurance settlement.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If this is the only machine that the guy will allow then I would be really cautious about taking the job......not someone I would want to clean for.........

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Marketing is what it is. The Big truck is a marketing tool guys. I just did a church today and the rep said that his carpet never ever came out that clean, it did help that I used goods chems and the other guys prob not. Especially since I charged twice what he paid before, but if the truck is what he thinks did it more power to me. But at 300'+ from the door you better have a "big" blower. don’t be such haters lol.

Name
Al
I have 4 Votex machines and I would never state what machine is the best. It is the quality of the operator that makes the difference. One more time that an injustice has been placed on our industry.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
albradham said:
I have 4 Votex machines and I would never state what machine is the best. It is the quality of the operator that makes the difference. One more time that an injustice has been placed on our industry.

Good post

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
The property manager says he's a pilot.

Guess he fly's around a lot.

He's got properties in NM, AZ and CA.

Excuse me but he requested The Big Truck!!!

My apologies. I forgot how sensitive you fags are about Vortex.

A$$holes!!!!!!!! :lol:

demotivational-posters-excuse-me.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's not the Vortex....It's the fact that they guy thinks it makes a difference in the cleaning.

The Vortex would only make a difference in productivity....until it broke down. !gotcha!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It is weird that they want a Vortex to clean when they didn't have to buy the equipment.

But, when it comes to buying carpet most apartments get the cheapest ass chit they can find, that matts down and looks like chit in a year.

The Vortex or whatever machine will not be able to correct bad carpet fiber selection.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
The Vortex would only make a difference in productivity....until it broke down. !gotcha!
Oh man that was brutal! Good timing though, if you'd have said that a few days ago you'd have received a threatening email!
:mrgreen:

Oh, I've gotten my share of threatening emails. Par for the course of being both a pain in the ass AND an asshole. Go figure.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
LOL, you guys are right a good tech with knowledge is what counts. But the fact that the guy is requesting a Vortex means he has been sold on it, brainwashed or what ever. The point here is the marketing angle not the equipment. In this case bigger is Better LOL. Now I am just posting for humor and to get a point across hope no one take this stuff to serious.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
P.S. I had a lady call me today and she said” I am behind your truck and want to know what the Vortex Advantage is? Can you get my carpets cleaner than Stanley St_ _ _ _r” ? Why do you think she called? Because we looked different than what she is use to seeing a carpet truck look like, like maybe with that: Big A_ _ Truck we must be better. I booked that job and it was because of my mobile billboard. We get people ask for our card all the time when we are parked. I very rarely had that happen with my old truck, I wonder why? It’s a marketing tool.

S

sam miller

Damn I have 3 to 5 people ask for cards everyweek and I'm in a chevy 2500 with a 405! If I had Mikeys broke down dino with la billboard I could double that???

I would be your huckleberry then! I also get the damn your way better then the last guy or stanley steamer blah blah blah.

I do kick it up a notch when I know they've used someone else I love shown up the comp. Who doesnt????

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i didn't mean to be a prick w/ this thread. Well, maybe just a little bit... :lol:

The property manager asked to see my truck when i met with him for a quote. When he saw the size of the truck he asked if it was for "marketing purposes only". I told him "no, it's the real deal". After he saw inside he broke out his camera phone and started taking pictures from every angle for court purposes. Then, he went into detail about what a nice airplane he flys. Says it's not a POS like most privatly owned airplanes. Whaddever...

Next day when i arrived for the cleaning he told me he talked with his Phoenix carpet cleaner who does bonnet cleaning. His phx cleaner said that truckmount owners are a dieing breed. I just laughed. Anyhow, he says he's going to fire the bonnet cleaner and try to find a guy in Phoenix with a Vortex.

btw, it turns out the property manager and i are both from Northern California and know the same professional water skier. Small world!!!

Thanks to MB i received a PM from a Phx cleaner running Vortex.

Thank you,

bare-foot.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The property manager asked to see my truck when i met with him for a quote. When he saw the size of the truck he asked if it was for "marketing purposes only". I told him "no, it's the real deal"

curious......what is the ..."real deal".............??

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
It's what ever i say it is Jim. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't really put that much thought into it before i made the statement to him.

Why do you ask?

What's on your mind?

Don't be a wussy!!!

Spit it out man!!!

Besides, we're all friend here. Right?

btw, did you ever figure out what size blower is in your POS ThermalWave II?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would say this...

Notice it's a dude who cares about the equipment we use?

Yes, I know it's a property manager but most property managers I've dealt with have a lady taking care of "house cleaning"

I had a property manager in Sacramento who's husband (mom and pop) insisted on a Truck Mount.

She told him I had one (this was when I ran a porty)...because she liked me so much.

The carpet cleaning was never a problem....go figure.

Irony, right after he died I bought my Steam Genie.

Moral of this story is it's STILL the person cleaning NOT the equipment. It's more so the PERSON speaking and NOT the equipment sitting behind him/her.

Side note, I will concede that a big ol TM will make cleaning a lot easier and therefore making it easier to do a better job.

But anyway.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
According to the Owners Manual my blower is a Gardner Denver Sutorbuilt Legend "P" Series Blower. I can confirm my model number on the nameplate at next service and get back w/ ya.

GD_Thermalwave_Cover.jpg

GD_Thermalwave_Matrix.jpg

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
So some toothless f... charged .10 the previous cleaning and you charged him .20 and that's a success?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
So some toothless f... charged .10 the previous cleaning and you charged him .20 and that's a success?

Nope! this guy paid full rate of .35 per s/f x 1400 s/f and was happy to do so.

The entire house reeked to high heaven of cat piss too!!!

I gave him a 100% pet odor removal guarantee.

Almost a week now haven't heard a peep.

Damn i'm good!!! shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
well I know the "big truck" has nothing to do with urine removal, what did you use on that?

I did notice through this thread that everyone was talking about Vortex, no one mentioned an AT. Aren't there more AT's out there than V's?

Got a Roots 59 on my Big Red, does that make the old girl a "big truck"? Through it in a cube van and really hype it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom