Property Managers , where,when,how

Ok I want to get going in the commercial market. Please tell me the procedure you have used to become successful. I am talking buildings,large areas, not restaurants or small pizza shops. I am not interested at all in cleaning procedures or equipment to use. I want to know who to contact in these large property managers companies. How you have landed these. I will be starting cold calling next week. I am using Rick Gelinas marketing stuff to pass out. It came free with the cimex. As an owner operator with a few part timers. I would think I would be able to survive with one of these big companies. Any help on this would be very helpful. Thank you, Ron

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't do a lot of commercial, but I did just get a call from a prop mgr that has had 2 companies clean carpets and she's not pleased. She's calling me because I solved a problem at another building. I wasn't the cheapest by any means, but they knew I did good work.

Thanks Ron, From what I see the commercial arena is filled with mis information. People that do not know alot about carpet cleaning are very successful. I am going to try, did I say try, to get my share. I have a nice stable of restaurants , I now will get the same in building /commercial floor maintenance. We as a collective group, are missing the boat. We are letting less talented/educated carpet cleaners out sell us in this arena. We are so much better then that. Of course I could be wrong, I am wrong alot! Ron

Chris A

Name
Chris
ronald pantelas said:
Thanks Ron, From what I see the commercial arena is filled with mis information. People that do not know alot about carpet cleaning are very successful. I am going to try, did I say try, to get my share. I have a nice stable of restaurants , I now will get the same in building /commercial floor maintenance. We as a collective group, are missing the boat. We are letting less talented/educated carpet cleaners out sell us in this arena. We are so much better then that. Of course I could be wrong, I am wrong alot! Ron

You really have to educate the customer on how much poor maintenence will cost them in the long run. Those that care (and many won't) will be interested in your side of the story. You can't give too much information to these people, as long as it's applicable (not pics/specs of your TM :D )

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
ronald pantelas said:
We as a collective group, are missing the boat. We are letting less talented/educated carpet cleaners out sell us in this arena. We are so much better then that.

I agree, Ron. I see good cleaners down in the dirt fighting over low-end residential customers like dogs snarling over a bone with no meat on it. Regular contract commercial work gave us consistent profitable cash flow and let us be picky on our residential. It also smoothed out the highs and lows of restoration work.

The "missing the boat" quote is dead on. The problem is commercial contract work needs to be "sold" and the average carpet cleaner can't (won't) sell his way out of a paper bag. (Mixed metaphor.) So sad because they really are "better than that." But capitalism rewards the people who take the initiative and get out there and SELL.

NOTE to Chris: Have you opened the Report I e-mailed your entire SFS class after the Atlanta seminar? If you follow it you will sell tons more contract work. I also sent all the SFS students my CCA form. I love this one because it structures your "selling interview" with the Property Manager and makes you look a lot more professional. Rick's stuff is also good. If anyone want either one of these forms just e-mail me at stoburen@www.StrategiesForSuccess.com and tell me if you want the 10 page "How to Sell Commercial Work" Special Report and/or the "Commercial Carpet Analysis" form. No charge, no spam, no pressure.

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
www.Strategies for Success.com

PS I just arrived back home in the Dominican Republic for at least four weeks. My son Matt is getting married May 29th and we came in early to help get things going. It is nice to be home- if only for awhile.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Steve Toburen said:
I agree, Ron. I see good cleaners down in the dirt fighting over low-end residential customers like dogs snarling over a bone with no meat on it.
Who said anything about fighting over them?
Educated them as to what cleaning is, what they are getting for service for what they are currently paying, and show them that by paying a little more they won't have the same issues.
Its bringing some of these PMgrs back up to our level!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom