Property managers...

Name
Evets
Do you market to property managers? If so, how much of a discount are you giving to get work from them?
We're just starting this business and I'm wondering if I should put a lot of effort into marketing to them or not.

tres davis

Name
tres
Little bit but not a ton
There are a lot of hack companies that charge half or so of xactimate and use 15 year old drizair dehus and beat up old fans and just generally do crap work that get most of the business

There are a few prop management companies that want quality and we go after those

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Try marketing to some of these sources for WDR business.

WDR Marketing Targets

Facilities Managers

Property Managers

City Risk Manager

Country Risk Manager

School Districts

Plumbers

Sewer and Drain Cleaners

Sprinkler Companies

Water Softer Companies

Appliance Retailers

Home Builders

Roofing Contractors

Hardwood Flooring Companies

Nursing Homes

Funeral Homes

Churches

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Property Managers can be a great source of good quality and profitable work.
I would just make a list then visit them. Think of it as an Interview that is going to take 3 minutes. Let them know you are there to solve their problems.
If they already have someone then tell them that you would like to get the call when their guy is too busy. You will get the call - Ask them to meet you at the property...then pre-vacuum and watch them tear up and tell you no other carpet cleaner has ever pre-vacuumed for them. Your new account.
I look for and only work with property managers that handle Owner Owned homes and Condos.
My only discount is I have dropped my minimum to 150 for their local properties. Some of the Florida houses only have carpet in a couple of bedrooms...the rest is generally tile...which is twice as profitable.
Be selective.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Are there non-owner owned homes in that Cuban hell hole you live in?
Slum lord type property managers exist everywhere. Property Managers that specialize in large apartment complexes...usually owned by groups of investors.
There are a lot of homes here that get rented out for some part of the year to different renters. The Owners schedule with the Property Managers when they are coming down so their houses are cleaned and ready for them...investment vacation home.
Lots of homes here that haven't had anyone live in them for years...these people have homes scattered across the globe- but the House Keepers show up every week, gardeners, pool guy and the carpet cleaner about every 6 months. Place is kept perfect just in case they decide to visit their house. Florida is different.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I fight price concerns here in property management jobs constantly. 4 or 5 years ago, I had one of the largest property Mgmt companies contact me asking if I would be interested in doing their work. What followed was a frank discussion of what we both expected and what I was willing to provide. Their experience with our local hacks had been so bad, and their properties were in such bad shape that they were willing to pay me my normal rates. It took me two years to get their properties back into shape, and by then they were requiring that only I did their cleaning. That lasted a couple of years but I noticed this year that if a renter complained about not having a choice (and that was because of my pricing) they'd let them chose another company. Their long term memory of what brought me to them seems to be fading and their concerns over quality along with them.

One of their renters called me and got a quote of $250. The lady freaked and said Steam KQueen would clean it for $69.95. They let her use Steam QKing. Of course, the carpet ending up looking like sh|# and the final price, after all the add-on's was $298! I know this because they called me to correct the problem and I saw the invoice!

When I first started working for them, I sat them down and explained to all of them that the reason they were having problems was because they allowed their renters to chose who cleaned, and that renters were price driven. They'd always choose the cheapest price which meant they, the Mgmt company would always receive poor quality work. That reasonated with them so much that after seeing my work, they stopped using anybody else.

Until their customers started complaining

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That, that there was a beautiful story pork chop! It brought a tear to my eye. I am so glad I took a moment away from scratching my b*lls to read it. Thank you for sharing.

Idiot! Who cares! :oldrolleyes:

:biggrin:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I don't offer any discounts, but I focus on the the fact that they'll be saving a ton of money if they choose me. How do they save money if they choose a higher priced carpet cleaner? They always ask me that. I tell them that they'll be able to not replace the carpet 9 out of 10 rentals, instead of 5 out of 10 rentals. It's better to pay more to clean it properly, then to hire a cheaper cc service and replace 1 year later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom