Pro's Choice FSR / Filtration soil line cleaning

CapeCleaner

Anyone using FSR (Filtration Soil Remover) from Pro's Choice? If so, would you recommend this product?

Do you charge separately for cleaning filtration soil lines? If so, how much? I want to make this service more of a separate line item rather just adding a little more to the cost if a client chooses to have filtration soil lines cleaned.

Thanks

Fletch

The general consensus has been to charge for this service. It can be hands and knees work, and you can go through quite a bit of chemical and rinsing to get the results you want.

When I have seen it in the past, many were charging $1.00 per sf, which is not unreasonable.

My thought are, if you can't remove it with your pre-spay and a grooming brush to work it in, consider charging for it.

Chemical/time/effort, don't shortchange yourself!

tim

I have tried about every filtration cleaner out there and Fels Naptha works better than any I have used, works quick and is dirt cheap to use. I do not charge extra for a few lines but do if the filter lines are everywhere. I just bump up the charge to account for my time.

Able 1

Name
Keith
tim said:
I have tried about every filtration cleaner out there and Fels Naptha works better than any I have used, works quick and is dirt cheap to use. I do not charge extra for a few lines but do if the filter lines are everywhere. I just bump up the charge to account for my time.

I have used the stuff from Prochem (Filter out or something) and it didn't work at all... But that fels with a brush works wonders!

tim

I love Cyclone on alot of things but it cant come close to Fels on filter lines. Water, fels, shark and flush...never fails. I have tried cti, bp, prochem, kleenrite....even Jaspers favorite mix with gojo hand cleaner. Fels Naptha is cheap, lasts forever and works everytime. I just hate trying to hold onto a slippery bar of soap, some day someone will make it in a liquid. Greenie, Les, Larry... :wink: :wink:

Name
Nate W.
tim said:
I love Cyclone on alot of things but it cant come close to Fels on filter lines. Water, fels, shark and flush...never fails. I have tried cti, bp, prochem, kleenrite....even Jaspers favorite mix with gojo hand cleaner. Fels Naptha is cheap, lasts forever and works everytime. I just hate trying to hold onto a slippery bar of soap, some day someone will make it in a liquid. Greenie, Les, Larry... :wink: :wink:

Someone did already. I'll try and find the link for you or someone will chime in. :wink:

Able 1

Name
Keith
tman7 Post subject: Re: Fels-NapthaPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Supporting Member

First Name: Tony
Last Name: Gillihan
Business Name: Xtreme Clean Carpet Care
State or Province: WA
Carpet Cleaner: Yes
Restoration: No
Years in Trade: 8 The gel is very easy to make. Good for laundry as well. Take a bar of fels; chop it up into pieces (smaller the better) put it in a large sauce pan with water and boil till no solids left. Get a five gallon container. Fill with warm water (an old truck mount solution container works great) Pour in about a 8oz of STTP (soapfree works good as well as Magic potion). Mix everything togeather and in a few hours when it cools and gels you'll have a great spotter/laundry detergent . I usually fill up a small 16oz spotter bottle with the flip top cap for my spotting kit. Felz iz dabombz.

I like the bar better myself, but when I did make it I went with 1 bar to 2.5 gal. and 4 oz of STTP.. Oh yeah and I use a cheese grator for the fels.

R

R W

Able 1 said:
tman7 Post subject: Re: Fels-NapthaPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Supporting Member

First Name: Tony
Last Name: Gillihan
Business Name: Xtreme Clean Carpet Care
State or Province: WA
Carpet Cleaner: Yes
Restoration: No
Years in Trade: 8 The gel is very easy to make. Good for laundry as well. Take a bar of fels; chop it up into pieces (smaller the better) put it in a large sauce pan with water and boil till no solids left. Get a five gallon container. Fill with warm water (an old truck mount solution container works great) Pour in about a 8oz of STTP (soapfree works good as well as Magic potion). Mix everything togeather and in a few hours when it cools and gels you'll have a great spotter/laundry detergent . I usually fill up a small 16oz spotter bottle with the flip top cap for my spotting kit. Felz iz dabombz.

I like the bar better myself, but when I did make it I went with 1 bar to 2.5 gal. and 4 oz of STTP.. Oh yeah and I use a cheese grator for the fels.

Yeah...my wife was making clothes soap with Fels. She would grate it with a cheese grater, boil it till it melted, added a washing soda, water and it was a hell of a cleaner. It would be great if someone could develope a sprayable version.

Oh....does anyone notice that filtration is getting more common?? All these custys like to burn candles all day, and I believe thats the biggest contributor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom