Pro's & cons

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
What would be the down sides to running 2 heat exchangers?

I have a Steam Genie with the water heat exchanger and was going to hook up a Exhaust Heat Exchanger. I was going to have the pressure water come out of the first HX and then through the Exhaust HX then to the wand?

Would having a set up like this fail or would it get the water too hot since the water will be at 200 before it enters the exhaust exchanger?

The one I am looking at is at http://www.kleenkuip.com/truckmounts/heat_ex.htm

This van is nothing more than a toy I have been dumping money into but I dont want to purchase this HX if this set up is known not to work.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Not a single person on this board (Bawb not included) has any idea or advise on doing something like this?

Maybe it takes 50 views to get a reply.

TimP

The salsa system on my CDS does that. Also on many slide in TM's they have it.

The exchanger does put a restriction on your blower so you may notice a decrease in suck. But it does give some heat as long as you have some restriction on your blower to get it hot. I see 220-230 ATM at .10 flow on my salsa HM CDS.

If you want some real heat for your money you'd be better off buying a 2 or 3ht high pressure set up with propane, you turn your pto into a flame thrower with this method. Last I heard they were like 1200 bucks. Last I heard on a blower heat exchanger it was 1600...there abouts.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
TimP said:

The exchanger does put a restriction on your blower so you may notice a decrease in suck. But it does give some heat as long as you have some restriction on your blower to get it hot. I see 220-230 ATM at .10 flow on my salsa HM CDS.

If you want some real heat for your money you'd be better off buying a 2 or 3ht high pressure set up with propane, you turn your pto into a flame thrower with this method. Last I heard they were like 1200 bucks. Last I heard on a blower heat exchanger it was 1600...there abouts.

Yes but from then on it's free heat and your truck never catches fire and you end up as the dildo of the month in the Bane Clean magazine picture section.

Greenie

You are referring to a Direct Drive Genie right?
So you want to tap into the van's engine exhaust to add to it's coolant exchangers right?

MikeyXJ8 is who you want to search for, he did this to his Butler.

G

Art Kelley said:
TimP said:

Yes but from then on it's free heat and your truck never catches fire and you end up as the dildo of the month in the Bane Clean magazine picture section.

Dildos should not be using it,for us that know a little better,we get the advantage of good heat.

Back
Top Bottom