Protectant

G

On Shaw Industries Carpet; Application of any Protectaant other than Scotch Guard with Teflon voids the carpet Warranty. Another public announcement.

Name
George Valliant
rjfdube said:
On Shaw Industries Carpet; Application of any Protectaant other than Scotch Guard with Teflon voids the carpet Warranty. Another public announcement.

That's not for real is it? I had a custy call yesterday who just had new carpet installed and want's to know if it should be Scotchgarded before it gets dirty. I use CTI Proschoice StainGaurdian Ultra and I meant to call them to get their imput.

What do you think? Is cool to apply fabric sealant to a freshly installed rug or just leave it as is?

Farenheit251

Cleaned for a cosmetologist who is a referal machine. Went back to do furniture and when rolling up drop cloth some water got on the area rug and beaded up just like the commercial. That was a very cool positive moment.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I put a link on my website of something Jim Martin gave me for selling Protectant.

http://www.service1carpetcleaning.net/brochure.nxg

I printed up some flyers as well. We will see how it goes.

If you don't have alot of customers right now...you better sell more to the customers you have.

Selling protectant is like doing two extra jobs at the end of the day...without actually doing the jobs. Woo Hoo!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
rjfdube said:

That's not for real is it? I had a custy call yesterday who just had new carpet installed and want's to know if it should be Scotchgarded before it gets dirty. I use CTI Proschoice StainGaurdian Ultra and I meant to call them to get their imput.

What do you think? Is cool to apply fabric sealant to a freshly installed rug or just leave it as is?

I don't know if you can buy a new carpet that HAS NOT BEEN protected at the factory.

TimP

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
rjfdube said:

All carpet from shaw/mohawk come with protectant on them.

Rex Tyus

rjfdube said:

Would you like the opportunity to proof read and revise this statement before I respond? Or should I just go ahead and point out the obvious?

Here is a hint someone else already made a tongue n cheek comment.

TimP

The protectant shaw puts on their carpet is called R2x. If it's a branded fiber then it will have scotchguard or whatever that brand uses.

I don't have the warranty stuff in front of me to prove or disprove the above statement about shaw's stain protector.....however they do promote a spot cleaner called R2x that supposedly applies protector and removes the spot all at the same time. I believe the company that makes it for them is the "forcefield" company or something to that effect. They do make chemicals for carpet cleaners I know that much but I'm not sure what the actual name of the company is....I've actually recieved a brochure for the forcefield company but never took them serious.

wired

I never promoted scotchguard until we started using it on Sizzler rest. Just gave it a light spray of the stuff and what a difference the next time we cleaned . It would just get black around the salad bar . never had to use a bucket floor brush again. just prespray and wand. Made the job go alot faster. When I do family room hallways entrances that see alot of traffic I tell them they should put scotchguard down to protect there investment and I tell them the sizzler story and it sells everytime. An extra 45 dollars times 3 to 4 houses a day adds up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom