Protectors, in a different light

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What is your preference for:

Carpet protectors, water based or solvent, and why. ??

Fabric protector, water based or solvent, and why. ??

What protectors come with a warranty for application on new furniture or carpet. ??

Do any come with a warranty on cleaned carpet or upholstery that is then protected. ??

Unfortunately, Scotchgard is no longer available down under, consequently after having been a licensed applicator for about fifteen years, I now find myself out in the woods, so to speak.

The last of my Scotchgard FX 3860 ran out many years ago.

My MSDSis dated 31/12/1996

Maybe JonDon can help me here. :wink:

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Shorty Down Under said:

Carpet protectors, water based or solvent, and why. ?? As a generalization, solvent carriers spread or level better than water-based products. However, solvents have more health issues, fire hazard issues and environmental issues. Solvents are OK for small areas, but I would not feel comfortable using solvents across an entire home of carpet. Water based protectors for carpet.

Fabric protector, water based or solvent, and why. ?? This would depend upon the particular fabric. Solvents reduce the chance of over-wetting issues like browning on white cotton or shrinkage for natural fibers. Also less chance of color bleeding. However, there is a pretty new MAxim Advanced for fabrics with diferent application rate and dilution rate thatr educes the amount of water required. It also contains Dye-Loc to prevent bleeding. This allows the use of a water based product on about 95% of the upholstery fabrics we see in the USA. So that is what I would use most of the time. Solvent based is needed for a few fabrics that just don't mix with water.

What protectors come with a warranty for application on new furniture or carpet. ?? Most of the warranties come from a third party company, not the folks who actually make the protector. There is aprogram for a warranty for MAxim Advanced protector and MAxim solvent based Fine Fabric protector. But this is essentially a description of how you can set-up a warranty program, charge for it and make a profit. The manufacturer is not the one offering the warranty on the application. The product is covered by 100% warranty. But the manufacturer can't control how it is applied.

Do any come with a warranty on cleaned carpet or upholstery that is then protected. ?? As with the question for warranties on new furniture, I don't thnk manufacturers warranty protector except when it is applied at the mill level. The product is warrantied. We can help you set up a warranty on your service.

Unfortunately, Scotchgard is no longer available down under, consequently after having been a licensed applicator for about fifteen years, I now find myself out in the woods, so to speak.

The last of my Scotchgard FX 3860 ran out many years ago.

My MSDSis dated 31/12/1996

Maybe JonDon can help me here. :wink:

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Shorty, I f you are wanting to set up a warranty program, I can email you information on that.

Check with Carpet Cleaner's Warehouse for a choice of protectors.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Carpet protectors, water based or solvent, and why. ??
Water-based for anything that isn't water-sensitive. It costs less to mix product with water than purchase product pre-mixed with solvent.

Fabric protector, water based or solvent, and why. ??
Solvent based for most of the fabric we clean, because most is somewhat water-sensitive. We use a light mix for furniture and a heavier mix made for outdoor fabrics that includes a component that makes it a little more resistant to UV radiation.

What protectors come with a warranty for application on new furniture or carpet. ??
There are loads of product/insurance programs available. If you want to be in the insurance business, you might just want to get a copy of a pre-existing policy and write one that you like. Just remember, "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom