PROWLER 14 PORTABLE TRUCK MOUNT BY AMTEX

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The problem is the big brands have distributors nationwide.

that's why you had 2 Butlers??:shifty:

It's not all that difficult to find shops to work on simple/basic TMs
any decent small engine/power equipment mechanic can fix 'em

Is price ($8300) the main reason you're attracted to it, Michael?
Or do you have a genuine need for a movable gas tiny TM ?
It's a niche machine that's not a complete TM, nor an all that portable porty.
(and you can't take it indoors like a porty)

If your biz can $upport a real TM, and you want new, if at all possible, bump budget up to $12-$14K and look at entry level units with 36 size blower from TCS and Judson/Sunbelt .
They've both been building basic proven design simple/reliable entry level units for decades

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
that's why you had 2 Butlers??:shifty:

It's not all that difficult to find shops to work on simple/basic TMs
any decent small engine/power equipment mechanic can fix 'em

Is price ($8300) the main reason you're attracted to it, Michael?
Or do you have a genuine need for a movable gas tiny TM ?
It's a niche machine that's not a complete TM, nor an all that portable porty.
(and you can't take it indoors like a porty)

If your biz can $upport a real TM, and you want new, if at all possible, bump budget up to $12-$14K and look at entry level units with 36 size blower from TCS and Judson/Sunbelt .
They've both been building basic proven design simple/reliable entry level units for decades

..L.T.A.
We are fortunate to have a mechanic that can fix anything. Heavy equipment background that understands tm's very well. He has spent several decades repairing all brands.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
We have been running a relia-built for about 4-5 years now. Im happy to send you some pics or answer questions, our Judson is great too but the relia built has more pull being coupler driven. So far the only thing I have had to fix was an exhaust clamp that came loose.

The guy makes really really nice filters too, I bought 2 of them.

Mikey P

Administrator
We have been running a relia-built for about 4-5 years now. Im happy to send you some pics or answer questions, our Judson is great too but the relia built has more pull being coupler driven. So far the only thing I have had to fix was an exhaust clamp that came loose.

The guy makes really really nice filters too, I bought 2 of them.

Please post some pics

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
found an old one from when we still had it mounted in our express, its in an NV3500 nissan now... ill try and get some better pics lol Heres the filter cant remember what he calls it, nice design though.

20160317_141625.jpg 20180212_100801 (1).jpg 20180212_102353.jpg 20180213_113718.jpg

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
was amtex the brand that was having the machines catching on fire issues or was it chemtex? It the maker of the dragon I think it was amtex, there was something wrong with how the diesel burner was exhausted. Looked pretty scary.

I cant really see the point in a portable gas machine, youll get tired of wheeling it out of the truck pretty quick and find yourself with long hose runs on a 36 blower

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
found an old one from when we still had it mounted in our express, its in an NV3500 nissan now... ill try and get some better pics lol Heres the filter cant remember what he calls it, nice design though.

View attachment 86294View attachment 86301View attachment 86304View attachment 86305
Looks decent. I hope in your new set up, you've moved the lg heater further into the van. A good gust of wind will blow out your pilot light. I have mine against the far wall in the van. Haven't lost heat yet.

Reactions: Mikey P

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
ya its a little further in on the nissan now but still near the door so you dont have to climb in to light it, have only had issues when its really really windy

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
nah Ive never seen one for little giants, our #4 doesnt even have an ignitor lol didnt come with one

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The
The motorhome industry makes one.

I wouldn't run propane ever again, not even with Marty as my tech.
Propane is ok for an owner/op. I wouldn't recommend it for techs. I would prefer an exhaust hx like Ben's Amtex machines. He sure seems to be able to get a lot of heat out of them. I have an old 18/36 unit I am rebuilding. It would be a good machine to experiment with.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
propane is pretty safe but definitely not as turn key easy for a tech as an HX. I would never run an HX machine though unless it was near brand new with warranty and either a butler, aero tech, or everest etc... I dont want luke warm and occasional leaks lol, I want smoking hot and zero down time.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
What happened? Is there reason why i shouldn't get one? Fire hazard?
I have using propane for over 30 years. It's safe as long as you have some common sense. Do leak checks regularly. Keep your van doors open when operating. Don't let debris accumulate around the heater. For me it's not so much about safety but the inconvenience of a separate fuel for the heater and the space it takes up in the van. The pro's are that you get consistent high heat and you can put the wand down with worry about your truck over heating or your waste tank filling up prematurely.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Propane
I will be likely adding propane to my paver truck. I was hesitant as I have used in past and have not been fond of it.
Then I see pretty much every commercial lawn mower running propane .
I see food truck running 40 pound vertical tanks as rest corner bumpers

Most codes recommend heaters raised 12” or so off the floor, as propane is heavier than air and sinks

And it dosnt stink like diesel or keresene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom