Prowler

Why is the any feed back on these units?

Did some research:

No negatives reviews...that I could find.

No used ones,ebay,googled... and on here...ICS...etc.

Is no news good news?

We do a bunch of HI-rise work/ weird areas to get to that are not TM friendly and was I checking these out. Does anybody know someone who actually owns one?
I did notice the blower to the dump thing and I checked there web. They have some letters from roots on that design backing the up from what it reads.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
They use a Honda engine. It has manual lifters that have to be adjusted every 300 hours to maintain the warranty.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Holy CRAP! Good to see you back Curtis. I wondered if you fell off the face of the earth.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
That's the only true problem.

It bugs me how they claim heat over 200 degrees ("250 °F deg. heat production"), though, with a single- cylinder motor. I'm sure they can do it in a fine mist with no real impact, etc.

Just goes to my statement over the years that we as an industry, need a standard of measurement for heat, such as:

"x degrees rise over the input temperature at 1.5 GPM"
(Where the flow rate is fixed and the temperature is the variable.)

or...

"200 degrees at 1.5 GPM with an input temperature of 70 degrees"
(Where 1.5 GPM and 70 degrees are fixed, and the temperature is the variable.)

or...

"100 degrees rise over the input temperature at x GPM"
(Where the degrees rise is fixed, but the flow rate is not.)

Duane Oxley said:
That's the only true problem.

It bugs me how they claim heat over 200 degrees ("250 °F deg. heat production"), though, with a single- cylinder motor. I'm sure they can do it in a fine mist with no real impact, etc.

Just goes to my statement over the years that we as an industry, need a standard of measurement for heat, such as:

"x degrees rise over the input temperature at 1.5 GPM"
(Where the flow rate is fixed and the temperature is the variable.)

or...

"200 degrees at 1.5 GPM with an input temperature of 70 degrees"
(Where 1.5 GPM and 70 degrees are fixed, and the temperature is the variable.)

or...

"100 degrees rise over the input temperature at x GPM"
(Where the degrees rise is fixed, but the flow rate is not.)

Yes with auto dump I see hard to keep that temp. Unless you keep in the truck and use abypass into your fresh water tank.

G

!st problem (yes I used one) look at the plcture, no swivel in wheels which means what a bitch turning this 400lb thing,2nd,he does not put a pulse dampner on it(idiot) freakin hose walks itself back to the machine.Other than that and I think over time stuff will start to vibrate loose its a good idea.

Kevin

ps-the heat is what you would expect from a small heat x,it heats but cant hold it

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Where you going to try and use it INSIDE a building or just in hard to get to locations. INside could cause sprinkler problems and who wants to set those off.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Think of those propane run fork lifts.

I used to work around some of those and they would burn up all the oxygen in the area leaving you with a headache and breathless.

G

didnt the sales guy tell you to quit running those lifts in the living room :p :lol:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Curtis, have a check here.

http://www.cleantalk.co.uk/forum/index.php

Apparently quite a few Poms use them with good results and are very happy with them.

Now by that, does not mean I endorse them or anything, just what I have read there.

They are also imported into Australia, you may want to do a search on that forum also.

http://www.australianforums.biz/index.php

From memory, I think they also run, or used to run Kohler engines.

My major concern was the noise, being air cooled.

I can see a lot of areas where they would be very beneficial and a lot easier to manouver than the similar one on wheels that HydraMaster brought out about 15 years ago.

Ooroo :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom