PSI with Hydroforce Sprayer

Fstaber

Name
Chris Bernhardt
I am currently spraying at 4:1 at 400 psi using my Hydroforce Sprayer. My questions is for those that use a SS Zipper at a higher psi when cleaning do you first spray at 400psi and then go to the truck and turn up the pressure to use clean at a higher psi?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I spray with the TM on idle, then clean on medium. The pressure works out with the RPM changes.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am currently spraying at 4:1 at 400 psi using my Hydroforce Sprayer. My questions is for those that use a SS Zipper at a higher psi when cleaning do you first spray at 400psi and then go to the truck and turn up the pressure to use clean at a higher psi?

I am using the Multi Sprayer Brand Sprayer.

Even at 1000 psi it draws well (I am also using 4:1)

JonDon private labels them as PowerForce II

Stainless Steel American Made Dema Valve....

We like how well they work!

http://www.jondon.com/powerforce-ii-sprayer-250-1-000-psi.html

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Agreed, we gave our in-line sprayers the biffo and went back to electric sprayers at 100 psi max. Since reverting several years ago I do not recall us having any wick-back problems.
roro
The dema valve on a hydro-force reduces the psi and flow rate to an acceptable level. You may have 500 psi going in but it's not 500 psi going out. Compare it to a gun jet with the same size jet and you will see the difference. If you were getting wick back, it wasn't because of the hydro-force.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I prespray anywhere between 3-400 psi I watch my hf mix and application inside more than psi at the machine

I'll adjust my psi before HWE based on fibre, construction and soiling levels and type

Last edited:

Fstaber

Name
Chris Bernhardt
I am still trying to figure this out. The Hydroforce Sprayer manual states.
Your solution hose pressure affects how much chemical is drawn from the Hydro-Force injection
sprayer. Higher pressures decrease the ratio of chemical to water and lower pressures increase the
ratio of chemical to water
. If I understand correctly I would need to increase the concentrate of prespray in my sprayer to get the same results at 800 psi pressure vs 400 psi pressure.

Reactions: roro

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am still trying to figure this out. The Hydroforce Sprayer manual states.
Your solution hose pressure affects how much chemical is drawn from the Hydro-Force injection
sprayer. Higher pressures decrease the ratio of chemical to water and lower pressures increase the
ratio of chemical to water
. If I understand correctly I would need to increase the concentrate of prespray in my sprayer to get the same results at 800 psi pressure vs 400 psi pressure.

Your understanding is correct.

There are other factors that can influence the dilution or the ration of chemical to water. These include elevation, air pressure, temperature, flow rate. Most of the affects are minor unless you get high elevations ( above 5,000 ft) or higher temperatures (above 180 F).

If you want to get an exact dilution at a specific pressure, you may want to do a bucket test.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom