PTO vs Slide in

veteran

This has been an epic battle between owners and techs for years...

My thoughts, I started out on a prochem years ago when they had Nissan engines built into the unit. great machine, heat, vac, and so on... problem using a dry chem rinse always seemed to clog the filters and build up an huge amount of scale in the heat exchanger not to mention oil pressure problems. design flaw or just to much maintenance ?

Thoughts on PTO's
I've had this unit for 10 years low maintenance, had 440k before I had the engine replace. Had a simple setup duel heat exchangers, 4.7 blower and a hell of a water pump.Water to water heat exchanger, Had to grease and lube the blower here and there maintain the van engine and only 2 or 3 times did i have a problem with it... pump and blower drive belts easy fix... can do it yourself without having to spend a fortune on it.
power supply wire if you've been in the business long enough your a damn good trouble shooter(easy fix) if it breaks down you just slap a new or rebuilt engine in it without having to by whole new slide in

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
slide-ins...lawn mower engine running at 90% capacity

PTOs....truck engine running at 10 maybe 15% capacity.......

means a LOT when running 7 or 8 hours a day six days a week!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
slide-ins......proprietary parts....(hard to get)

PTOs........standardized components........(easy to find in any larger city)

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
slide-ins..........hard to get at to work on

PTOs.........never HAVE to work on them.!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Neo said:
That big Nissan doesn't look like any lawn mower I've ever seen. :shock:

NICE lAwnmOweR-enGinE..... :roll:

09-06-09_1854.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No not any more, we are using it now.

Several years in a row we had all our trucks out on water losses and I'd go to the back garage and see that monster on the floor. It just pissed me off, so so we bought a used 04 box van and threw it in there.

It still gets low use, mostly big commercial work but it's still seeing more action than on the floor in the garage. :mrgreen:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
slide in's have come a long way....my first 2 units were P.T.O's....and now I run a slide in with a 4 cylinder 1600 engine.....I will never go back to a PTO unit....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim Martin said:
slide in's have come a long way....my first 2 units were P.T.O's....and now I run a slide in with a 4 cylinder 1600 engine.....I will never go back to a PTO unit....

PRETTY MUCH...."Says it ALL".....JIm doesn't BullShiT... !gotcha!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
veteran said:
if it breaks down you just slap a new or rebuilt engine in it without having to by whole new slide in

don't know too many cowboys that could "just slap in a new van engine"
many COULD change a "lawnmower" engine though

may as well be a body man and "just slap on" some quarter panels and bondo too...cause the TM will outlast any van

...smoke 'em if you got 'em

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
veteran said:
if it breaks down you just slap a new or rebuilt engine in it without having to by whole new slide in

don't know too many cowboys that could "just slap in a new van engine"
many COULD change a "lawnmower" engine though

may as well be a body man and "just slap on" some quarter panels and bondo too...cause the TM will outlast any van

...smoke 'em if you got 'em

..L.T.A.

"just slap on" some quarter panels

WTH would DO such a thing......?

quarterpanel2.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Neo said:
No not any more, we are using it now.

Several years in a row we had all our trucks out on water losses and I'd go to the back garage and see that monster on the floor. It just pissed me off, so so we bought a used 04 box van and threw it in there.

It still gets low use, mostly big commercial work but it's still seeing more action than on the floor in the garage. :mrgreen:

is that what your wife says to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shenglu

I am angry, so let's use 04 to buy a box van, throw in there. It remains to be using low, mostly large commercial work, but it is still on the floor than in the garage to see more action.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We dual wanded with the 805 last week on 10,000sq/ft that machine kicked butt. I told my nephew that I've thought about pulling the unit out of that truck because it gets so little use and he said don't.

He said when we need it it's nice to take out to bigger jobs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
are you spamming Donald?

most likely

Might need a mod to look into this dude

i did.
He's got lots of inexpensive flash lights .
Some of 'em look like good bargains

I'm a flash light jUnkie I guess ... I have a BUNCH .
There's 4 of 'em sitting on my desk right now LOL

a 200 lumen big buck Surfire Lumamax LX2 and three lesser aluminum housing lights ranging from 90 lumen to 200 lumen with strobe and strike bezel

bet I have 2 dozen or more of the handy compact hi-output flash lights.
They're in tool boxes, work benches, night stands, glove boxes, etc

there's two brand new 200 lumen lights in the unopened pack on the floor in the office .
i bought 'em a year ago .... :lol:

i book marked the spammer's link page though
cause I never know when I'll need a "flashlite fix" 8) 8)

..L.T.A.

S

sam miller

except for Bobs ptos I couldnt see justifying the price of a pto over a slide in the cost of a reinstall is a lot more also less wear on a vehical also.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have two trucks, one with a cds, and one with a boxer 421. When we use two trucks, I always get suck using the boxxer because I got tired of my tech or wife calling me because they can't figure out how to run the thing. Personally, I don't prefer one machine over the other, and the 421 is about 7k less.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom