Pulled a Warner today.

Lefty724

Name
E
I use the "pet hair" model and am amazed every time I use it!!

I also have a Kirby and Sanitare 887 and the Bissell get's the most use!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
joeynbgky said:
Damn, you sure dohave to run that vacuum slow over the carpet. and how many times did you run over that same spot? I'm not sure if the orecks compacts it im just assuming.. It's top fill. so the air never gets restricted. Maybe we need to have a vacuum cleaner comparison booth at mikeyfest. Because let's face it, it's the most important part of cleaning carpet. Right?

Its top fill, so the heavy stuff goes to the bottom, the fine particles escape from the top. The bag is done by the time its half full. PLUS you never know what you left behind.

At the beginning of the vid I was working in the sand and deodour powder. I wasn't vacuuming at that point.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
rick imby said:
That demo was the most dysfuctional demo. About like the freeflow 4 to the door demo. How much had you guys been drinking?

Can you guys think linearly?

I know what you were trying to prove but

#1 start at the beginning showing what the carpet looked like before you put your dirt on it.
The point of the demonstration had nothing to do with the appearance. The carpet piece was brought in by the guys at Mytee, it was a a piece of new carpet.
#2 Show the dirt being put on it.
I did. Weren't you watching?
#3 don't move the carpet outside?? And then inside... Ever hear of a carpet being cleaned inside?
Moved it over to where the trucks were demoing, then laid it outside to dry. If anything, more sand fell out of the carpet than it picked up any other soil.
#4 What is with the spotter? Was the carpet dirty before you started?
The spotting was the guy with the tm trying to clean the carpet without prespray. He didn't understand that it wasn't necessary, but it was still irrelevant to the test. If anything, his more agressive cleaning demonstrated even more so that the tm will not remove the soil from the carpet.
Does the guy with the wand do the lateral or the horizontal half?
What??
Have another beer....
Had those after.

Rick

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
so whats the best bissell to buy? that they still make? just curious

the Momentum
It's the copper/mauve/maroon colored one.
make sure it's the Mo, cause they make like 27 different models of Bissel

$99 bukz at Home Depot

It's the World's Greatest POS plastic vac

if you want to try a less expensive option just to see if it ain't the World's Greatest POS plastic vac, buy the Powerforce model
$49 bukz ay Wal-Mart.
You'll have to knock crud out of the filters regularly (the the nemesis of the Powerforce) but it too sucks better than any vac on the market...at any price
The Powerforce and Cleanview are the vacs that started the Bissel Cult Club 7-8 (?) years ago when I slayed the Dysoon in a joust at Knoxville Summerfest...with a forty-fookin-two dollar POS plastic vac....

..L.T.A.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Bissell...come on Gentlemen..thats like saying your guying to buy a Bissell "Steam" vac to start cleaning.

If you want a truckmount Vacuum, stick with ur Sanitaires with Straight Suction..Grab a Riccar like Sticky did!! or Get urself a Lindhaus or a Royal. And a nice Miele for ur home. Hoover has a few decent bagless.

Whoever is betting on the Oreck, don't bet ur whole check or you'll be eating Ramen noodles for the next week!!!

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ron Werner said:
[quote="rick imby":gs1v0sim]That demo was the most dysfuctional demo. About like the freeflow 4 to the door demo. How much had you guys been drinking?

Can you guys think linearly?

I know what you were trying to prove but

#1 start at the beginning showing what the carpet looked like before you put your dirt on it.
The point of the demonstration had nothing to do with the appearance. The carpet piece was brought in by the guys at Mytee, it was a a piece of new carpet.
#2 Show the dirt being put on it.
I did. Weren't you watching?
#3 don't move the carpet outside?? And then inside... Ever hear of a carpet being cleaned inside?
Moved it over to where the trucks were demoing, then laid it outside to dry. If anything, more sand fell out of the carpet than it picked up any other soil.
#4 What is with the spotter? Was the carpet dirty before you started?
The spotting was the guy with the tm trying to clean the carpet without prespray. He didn't understand that it wasn't necessary, but it was still irrelevant to the test. If anything, his more agressive cleaning demonstrated even more so that the tm will not remove the soil from the carpet.
Does the guy with the wand do the lateral or the horizontal half?
What??
Have another beer....
Had those after.

Rick
[/quote:gs1v0sim]

You used the vacuum to put the dirt into the carpet----I didn't understand that the first time I saw the video---You never showed the whole carpet. You knew ahead of time what you were trying to show. The area where the trucmount cleaned was all dirty after they cleaned it---that had me confused also---

So Now we know why you spend so much time vacuuming Ron
You use the vacuum to put the dirt into the carpet---How much do you charge for that? What if the carpet is already dirty? do you put more in then also? I never knew you could put dirt into a carpet with a vacuum. Good Trick.

CarpetCleaningUpholsteryCleaning

CarpetCleaningCarpet and Upholstery Cleaning

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
the bissel momentum is awesome and thats all there is to it

you can get a after market beater bar with bearings to make it even better

i dont know if i trust the home depot version though it might be not as good. Just like an Ariens snow blower is not as good as one from a dealer. (cheaper parts).I dont know for sure though. I just walked by one at hd and it looked really crappy compared to ours.

Its extremely satisfing pulling out all that dirt and hair and being able to look at it after each job :oops:

the few times we havent prevacced because the cust said she just did ive always regretted it part way thru the job

Lefty724

Name
E
Joel D said:
the bissel momentum is awesome and thats all there is to it

you can get a after market beater bar with bearings to make it even better

i dont know if i trust the home depot version though it might be not as good. Just like an Ariens snow blower is not as good as one from a dealer. (cheaper parts).I dont know for sure though. I just walked by one at hd and it looked really crappy compared to ours.

Its extremely satisfing pulling out all that dirt and hair and being able to look at it after each job :oops:

the few times we havent prevacced because the cust said she just did ive always regretted it part way thru the job

Where can I (we) get aftermarket beater bars and bearings? That would be awesome!

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
a guy in my town has a little vac shop. he had it in stock

must be able to order it somehow

the original started making an awful racket

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Joel D said:
a guy in my town has a little vac shop. he had it in stock

must be able to order it somehow

How much, Joel?

as far as HD and the Mo, I don't know that they're different than others.
Maybe, but they look the same
I know Bissel made some changes in the last year .
Most notably the "D" handle on the newer version .
Maybe (?) you're still seeing the older stock at your local HD??

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thats just embarrasing.... you have a 70 grand truckmount and you carry in a elcheapo looking vacuum into a customers house... Not to mention how many times do you have to stop and empty the tiny little dirt cup... come on........ It might work ok... But its not a light weight commercial vacuum. Who wants to lug it in and out of houses all day. Not to mention its ugly

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
Thats just embarrasing.... you have a 70 grand truckmount and you carry in a elcheapo looking vacuum into a customers house... Not to mention how many times do you have to stop and empty the tiny little dirt cup... come on........ It might work ok... But its not a light weight commercial vacuum. Who wants to lug it in and out of houses all day. Not to mention its ugly

Joe, it simply gets more dry soil, dog/cat hair/dander etc out of carpet than any other vac ..period

if that doesn't mean anything to you, then by all means buy you want and just go thru the motions

is it the "best" vac in the world in terms of hepa and longevity?
heck no.
It has plenty blow by and when it breaks, you simply toss it and go buy a new one

it IS the world's greatest POS vac that flat out, out preforms the others costing 10 times as much

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
guess, i'll go buy one tommorrow, then ill take it down to my oreck store and do some comparisons side by side... he said if i ever found anything to outperform my orecks he would buy them all back no matter how long i had them... BTW I own 8 of them... I might be rich tommorrow. I will try them

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
guess, i'll go buy one tommorrow, then ill take it down to my oreck store and do some comparisons side by side... he said if i ever found anything to outperform my orecks he would buy them all back no matter how long i had them... BTW I own 8 of them... I might be rich tommorrow. I will try them

dude, he'll find a way to weasel out of that deal
you have him squirmin if it's set up a like a "real" vac off test and not a "vac salesman's " smoke and mirrors game

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
and don't do your side by side on his show room carpet.

Go next door tot the Curves franchise and do a suck off. He'll have to buy back all those much better built Orecks.

The Bissell really is a POS but boy does that thing pull out the dirt.

Lefty724

Name
E
Like I said earlier, I also have a Sanitare and Kirby....and my Bissell blows them both out of the water PERIOD!!

I have a little job tomorrow that is full of dirt, I expect to be vacuuming for about an hour or so. I will run the Kirby over it first, then my trusty Bissell.....will see if I can remember to snap some pics for you guys!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The Cleartrak has a nice big canister and uses cheap filters. Parts are easy to get, easy to replace. Very simple machine to use and maintain.

AS for working the dirt into the carpet, check out the 0:10 point, clean your glasses first.

AS for someone mentioning it seemed like I go over and over the same spot. Well, the first part of the vid I had to air flow diverted to the extension hose on the back so the beater brush would work in the soil. Later I was actually vacuuming the remaining soil out. SOMETIMES you do need to work a spot to get the soil out. How often would you work a small area for more than a few seconds with the Oreck? You wouldn't because you wouldn't know where to work it. One pass just isn't going to get everything in some instances.

Greenie

meAt said:
...is it the "best" vac in the world in terms of hepa and longevity?
heck no.
It has plenty blow by and when it breaks, you simply toss it and go buy a new one

it IS the world's greatest POS vac that flat out, out preforms the others costing 10 times as much

..L.T.A.

Itjust goes to show you, if you have a good strong vac motor, decent brush roll, good belt, large efficient airpath...you can pull up a lot of dry soil.

Now...to just put it in a $300 Aluminum body...and rule the world.

That poor Oreck saleman...he's gonna get whipped tomorrow.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hey Ron who was the guy wearing those Chinease looking shorts and goofy black tennis shoes?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, guess what? Oreck won on some things............ picked up bigger items. bissell didnt pick up alot of bigger items. bissell had better reach next to the baseboards.. The bissell got more dirt on the surface it seemed but not deep down as much.. i am going to find a real dirty apartment on monday. and take videos. We are going back at it then... Orecks carpet wasnt dirty, (I cleaned it last week) lol

Greenie

Joey,
We're mostly ribbin' ya of course, but i have a ques. or two?

joeynbgky said:
Well, guess what? Oreck won on some things............ picked up bigger items. bissell didnt pick up alot of bigger items.

What would those be?
Anything larger than a penny?
As a rule I would avoid vac'n larger debris, it's really what they made shovels for not vacuums. lol

bissell had better reach next to the baseboards..

That's pretty important, also does the Oreck have an accessory hose, that is also critical, a vac without a hose is just plain silly.

The bissell got more dirt on the surface it seemed but not deep down as much..

How would you know?
I mean how do you quantify that?

i am going to find a real dirty apartment on monday. and take videos. We are going back at it then... Orecks carpet wasnt dirty, (I cleaned it last week) lol

At least try the vac after each other deal, vac a 4x4 area with each, empty contents, swap, and re-vac each area and see which yielded more soil.
Simple, but tells a tale.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Daddy said:
Hey Ron who was the guy wearing those Chinease looking shorts and goofy black tennis shoes?
have no idea. Perhaps he can claim ownership if he's reading this thread.

Bissel cleaned surface but not deep down?
Well, if its anything like the Cleartrak, it'll pull the deep soil because you can see it coming in the canister and if the operator is worth their salt, they'll move slow enough and go over the area till no more soil is coming in. Can't do that with a bag.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom