Puzzled over a resoil issue---

G

---puzzled over a job that resoiled on us. We have been doing this berber for a tv preacher for many years. We prespray with tlc/Citri-solve/boostall mix for this oily job. Then HWE. Everytime it is perfect. But this time they said it resoiled in a few weeks. This suprised us.

So I went and rechecked it to find big black circles in all the traffic patterns. They said this never happened before. My techs said they used acid rinse but I suspect that they used form-95 detergent,perhaps accidentally. (You have to switch hoses between a/r and det.)

Would this have caused it or could it be a case of too much prespray applied?

Thanks,RJ.

PS:We took the Cimex over it and now it looks great now.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"PS:We took the Cimex over it and now it looks great now."

probably looked great when the left the first time too

My guess is the citra-solve and poor wand technique is the culprit more than anything

..L.T.A.

F

FB7777

If they call back with the same issue in a few more weeks, I would suggest just clear water rinsing

I agree with Larry that the carpet has some residue, citrisolv is difficult to rinse.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Poorly trained technicians.

Monitor and correct them before you lose (Notice the correct spelling of LOSE) business because of them.

G

They may have over-Citrisolved because of heavy oils. Good point! Got to talk to the lead tech, but no one evr wants to admit that it is their fault :)

G

Just found out that they used a De-limolene pre-spray in the mix. Now that would be way too much citrus for sure I suppose... :(

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I wonder why the resoiling consists of circular patterns. Was the original cleaning done with wand or Cimex?

Scott Warrington

G

Wand Scott, but also just found out they used the 2 qt sprayers w/citrus in bad spots. We used a TM not Cimex the first time.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I think the circles that resoiled were likely the "bad spots" that got extra solvent. Sprayers that leaked is another possibility.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom