Q for Ben Surdi

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Also, why do i have an urge to play put, put golf when i see this pic?

Ben.jpg

Becker

Name
Becker
Ben's has kero..

1st one I posted has heat exchangers,
2nd has kero..

So what are they really worth.. ??

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Mikey, I'm selling because I am purchasing new fleet that allows us to increase our mobility in the markets we're expanding in. We're expanding our operation and these trucks are designed for an owner operator in my opinion. It is difficult to send out technicians with such a large system down to a city landscape without running into problematic situations.

Otherwise the truck is a work horse and provides outstanding cleaning performance for us every day.

Well worth it for someone who is owner operator in my opinion. If anyone is interested let me know!

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
They're worth whatever someone will pay Becker. I can tell you that I've made big investments in both of my machines to maximise performance and have replaced just about every part on them...

Becker

Name
Becker
bensurdi said:
They're worth whatever someone will pay Becker. I can tell you that I've made big investments in both of my machines to maximise performance and have replaced just about every part on them...

Seems to be about the same story with most big truck owners.

New fleet huh?
What are you going with?

Yes... true fact, things are worth what someone is willing to pay. Otherwise it stays for sale.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Everyone has their own opinion Ron, but I think that I am able to handle the truck much differently than an employee would. We are cleaning in Seattle a lot and it is very difficult to park and provide service with such a large setup based on the feedback I've received from my guys.

Name
I'm Rick James
So you gave back the apex to the original owners to buy a big truck and now youre selling the big truck to buy something similar to the apex you originally had? All within a year or so? Plus you spent money fixing up the used zerorez castoff, lettering it to sell it this quick?

Just seems kinda backwards to me. i would type more but I have a 300 or less word restraining order against me. :|

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I would say 5 plus, as at this point the owner is not going to be going out on the truck anymore (typically).

In buying insurance it is 4, so from insurance companies perspective this is universal regardless of industry.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I would say 5 or more trucks would be a fleet. If they are lettered the same way and have a uniform look.

If Ben is talking about a fleet of 2 or 3 maybe....that's about as lame as calling yourself president when you have an llc and you and the wife maybe the only people working for the company.

Some guys just need to validate themselves to sound better then an average "vacuum guy" (which is what we were called by some office personnel on a commercial job a few years back. Even though low level cubicle people that prolly made half as much as we do were the ones calling us "vacuum guys", it still felt a like "belittle-ing")

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Isn't this the guy who had a truck repoed and couldn't pay $300 for a new Airpath he won at auction? A few months later he sez he's buy "a fleet"?

Name
I'm Rick James
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
I would say 5 or more trucks would be a fleet. If they are lettered the same way and have a uniform look.

If Ben is talking about a fleet of 2 or 3 maybe....that's about as lame as calling yourself president when you have an llc and you and the wife maybe the only people working for the company.

Some guys just need to validate themselves to sound better then an average "vacuum guy" (which is what we were called by some office personnel on a commercial job a few years back. Even though low level cubicle people that prolly made half as much as we do were the ones calling us "vacuum guys", it still felt a like "belittle-ing")

Fake it till you make it... shiteatinggrin

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
puscifeR said:
So you gave back the apex to the original owners to buy a big truck and now youre selling the big truck to buy something similar to the apex you originally had? All within a year or so? Plus you spent money fixing up the used zerorez castoff, lettering it to sell it this quick?

Just seems kinda backwards to me. i would type more but I have a 300 or less word restraining order against me. :|

Sounds like you're really having trouble comprehending. Maybe it would help not to worry about me so much Brent. I'm just a big puzzle apparently.

Becker

Name
Becker
Notice all larger cleaning companies with fleets drive standard vans.
And nearly all outfit them the same.
Even zerorez leaning from thier mistake.

Sprinter van will be nice. But still a big city bitch. The things are plenty long and have height clearance issues for Carports.

Well if you are buying a fleet of sprinters and new tms a couple of dealers will be happy.

Lettered installed and outfitted I'm guessing about $60k each.

Are your rez trucks still sporting out of state plates?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Watching this story unfold is like watching a train wreck frame by frame.

Every post is a new scheme,gimick, scam.
For the love of God will someone please talk to this kid
{new names,equipment,marketing schemes, gurus status} Every year a new racket

Now a fleet of trailers, what next a fleet of rickshaws...

Becker

Name
Becker
Ben is a decent guy.

I'm sure the name chafe came after buying the zerorez truck. With a name Like nw green clean ya can't show up in a rig like the rez truck.

Ben is a spinner. ( Brian don't even play on my words ). I think he has taken a few classed on sales and loves using power words. Power phrases etc. Titles. Etc.

He is a true salesmen.

Name
I'm Rick James
bensurdi said:
puscifeR said:

Sounds like you're really having trouble comprehending. Maybe it would help not to worry about me so much Brent. I'm just a big puzzle apparently.

I get it ben, it was a bad investment. Its no secret why people are dumping them, im just suprised you bought one, fixed it up.. took time to wrap it, to only sell its less than a year later. Plus you heavly market in the high end areas (redmond, bellevue, sammamish,ect) when you live so far away from those areas. The gas must of been killing you... So yeah i get it, just call it what it is... a bad investment. Your not the only one whos makes mistakes, we all have.. Hello.. Kabluey... :shock:

To be honest Ben, I dont worry about you at all. In reality all I want for my business is about 600-800 customers a year.. Since we have a couple of million people in OUR coverage area, I think its safe to say there is enough carpet for all of us. !gotcha!

Your old van got bought by someone on this board because it was posted here, so you should post your big truck in the classified section and maybe lightning will strike twice so you can sell it.

So are you going to the standard van with higher powered machine?

F

FB7777

Good luck selling it Ben

I'm sure there are still quite a few guys that still believe the big truck is the answer... and for some it actually is a good fit.

Most guys operations would benefit from looking closely at how Ken Snow and Chavez Restoration , among others run their operations.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
puscifeR
I would buy them Ben but I will just wait and get a better deal from the bank

blowme blowme blowme !gotcha! !gotcha! !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom