Quarry Tile ??

S

steamclean

I have an SX-12 an have a chance to clean some quarry tile.
What is the better chemicals and how would you clean it?

It is in a large kitchen 32 x 38

What would be a good price? they may want be to do half one and and return the following to do other half, there is a lot of kitchen items.

Send response to my email if you would rather not reveal to the board.
Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
First figure out if any sort of coating in on the tile, usually there is.

If not just charge your regular ceramic rates and be prepared to explain why it does not look "Like New"...

If there is a coating take pics and get back to us.

RickL

I'm assuming this is a commercial kitchen? Like Mike said test it and explain that it's not going to look great after years of sludge sitting on it. Should look a lot better though. I would use a good degreaser/stripper for a kitchen job. Jon-Don has a few, Anvil being a favorite of the
guys on the dirty grout board. (personally I think it's okay).
One serious problem I've run into in commercial kitchens is that they should use epoxy grout, but use regular which the grease eats away. It fills up with crud , we come along and blast that stuff out and there is very little grout left.
Good luck

TimP

Be prepared to scrub grease.

56b88802.jpg

54344e30.jpg

109ac1ab.jpg

That's one we did, there was an 1/8" of grease on all the lines. Add more cost to spend time scrubbing. And possibly having to go over it twice......

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Have done quarry-tile kitchens. Used stripper, grout brush on Brute, and pole grout brushes. Rinsed with TH and Gecko. Color-sealed with Grout Perfect.

Quarry tile is semi-porus, so you need to keep the color seal off the tile as best you can and wipe any off asap.

fresh1

heavy on the alkaline then turbo at 2000 psi. Hit it with acid then turbo again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom