Quat a lot+O2 question

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Why does mixing O2 prespray and Quat a lot together in the hydroforce gel up, curdle , clog the sprayer and make a sticky mess for me.
I have seen posts of using it combined.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If you have an anionic surfactant in the products mixed with the QAL, it will do just that.

It is a classic incompatibility.

When using a Quaternary Ammonium Compound as a general purpose odor product, you are going to run into that sometimes. I don't know the ionic nature(anionic or nonionic) of the O2 product, but you are going to have to be careful of any residue in a container(the HF jug) in which you plan to use the quat.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Be aware that anywhere you introduce that quat(QAL), you had better make sure that ANY of your cleaning, rinsing or any other chemical used on those areas NOT contain any anionic surfactants. Otherwise, any area that sees QAL and that anionic will have a terrible resoiling issue.

Name
Ron lippold
i have done that several times inculding today and never had that happen must be some other crap you have in your jug

Greenie

that is why I said, there is something in the jug, cause I have like 50 guys using the quat in the O2, no issues.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Why so cryptic? Slap me in the face with that answer the first time. Martini hour was 3 hours long.

KevinD said:
Why does mixing O2 prespray and Quat a lot together in the hydroforce gel up, curdle , clog the sprayer and make a sticky mess for me.
I have seen posts of using it combined.

The Judson O2 System is a nonionic product. If you are adding the QuatALot with the O2 prespray just to give it more deodorization capabilities, that is not necessary.

The O2 System, the prespray and the extraction both contain a product called sodium borate. Just google sodium borate and you will see that it has extreme high disenfectant properties.

When I suggest people add Quat to the O2 it is for pet stain and odor combination. By mixing the two for this situation, you have the prespray that will remove the stain, plus it has high disenfectant properties, plus by adding the Quat it increases the effectiveness of removing the odor completely.

This should be done in a bucket and poured on the stain, then waterclawed after about 15 minutes. One other thing I would like to mention about QuatALot is the concentration level is 25 percent. Most quat products are sold at 4 to maybe 10 percent.

So look at QuatALot like this...for every ounce of Quat-A-Lot you add to your solution, it's like adding 4 - 8 ounces of a comparable product. So addressing your issue about mixing it in the HydroForce sprayer, maybe you just added more Quat-A-Lot than needed. This is just a guess.

If anyone is having a problem with my products, feel free to call me and I will replace the products if necessary. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.

THANKS

LES

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Leslie Judson Jones said:
When I suggest people add Quat to the O2 it is for pet stain and odor combination. By mixing the two for this situation, you have the prespray that will remove the stain, plus it has high disenfectant properties, plus by adding the Quat it increases the effectiveness of removing the odor completely.

So look at QuatALot like this...for every ounce of Quat-A-Lot you add to your solution, it's like adding 4 - 8 ounces of a comparable product. So addressing your issue about mixing it in the HydroForce sprayer, maybe you just added more Quat-A-Lot than needed. This is just a guess.

If anyone is having a problem with my products, feel free to call me and I will replace the products if necessary. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.

THANKS

LES

This is exactly why I mixed the quat with the O2. Little dog, so many little urine spots and stains to ever claw. The jug was as clean as could be with multiple hot water rinses.
I added 16 ounces of O2 and 8 ounces of Quat to the 5qt. jug(hot water) no metering tip.
Do you believe that is too strong?

Bob Foster

Wow! That was strong and I bet that had a strong smell too. But, I bet it would sure work. Back off the quat to half that if you are laying that prespray down heavy.

Greenie

ok...a little strong.

you got me puzzled, I'm gonna go out right now and mix some up at your ratio, and see what happens.

OK, I have a brew of your mix in a HF jug, looks good as of now, gonna let it sit overnight and inspect in the am, I can take pics if anythign looks funky.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
hey les ..i got a problem with it.....im nearly out of stock

i,ll have to call greenface on monday.....

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Greenie said:
ok...a little strong.

you got me puzzled, I'm gonna go out right now and mix some up at your ratio, and see what happens.

OK, I have a brew of your mix in a HF jug, looks good as of now, gonna let it sit overnight and inspect in the am, I can take pics if anythign looks funky.

And.....The outcome was???

Greenie

Thanks for reminding me.

Swished it around, poured a bit into a cap, looks like it's okay, no snot or gummies yet...just looks like diluted O2.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I am doing some more testing myself. At the same time you said you were going to mix some up I did two more containers.
The reason I used 16oz. of O2 and 8 oz. of quat in my hydro is because bucket tested it puts out 8 gal of rtu product.
So rtu dilution would only be 2 oz of O2 and 1oz quat per gal. Just what the label calls for.
Both containers gelled up on me and became very sticky in that concentrated form. This concerns me very much as to I may have a resoiling problem on the jobs I used this mixture on.
When I pored the concentrated product on my hands it left them sticky so matter how many times I washed them. If I got my hands wet again the tackiness is still there and no matter how many times I rinse the containers out with hot water the residue remains on the plastic.
This all may be a moot point because we are talking about concentrated forms
Tonight's testing will be of actual rtu dilutions to see if they gel or become sticky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom