Question about 4 to the door

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have been arguing up and down with my dad on the subject of "4 to the door" 2 50ft sections to a Y , down to just a 2 inch hose not 2.5 like everyone else.

I modified our waste tank with 2 outlets, BUT from the #4 blower its just a straight 2.5inch pipe (reduced down to 2inch for the blower port)

My dad swears up and down that the 4inches of hose is USELESS since its not 4inches going to the blower.

I notice a very nice increase in suction running 4 to the door, especially on long hose runs (500+)

Dad says its all in my head, but I think he just doesnt like the extra effort to pull out 50ft of hose :|

TimP

The reason it pulls harder is usually most machines have a plastic 90 port that are pretty restricting. If your port was a long sweeping 90 and thin metal you probably wouldn't notice as much difference...anyways 2 2" hoses don't equal the same as a 4" hose it's pretty close to 2.5" hose so basically you are just moving the tank about 50 ft closer to your wand when you run 4 to the door. .

Greenie

AshleyMckendree said:
I modified our waste tank with 2 outlets, BUT from the #4 blower its just a straight 2.5inch pipe (reduced down to 2inch for the blower port)

WHY do you run 2.5" Pipe from tank to blower, and bush down at blower?
Wait....if it's a #4 blower it has 2.5" ports from the factory, you COULDN'T bush it down.

My dad swears up and down that the 4inches of hose is USELESS since its not 4inches going to the blower.
Tell him it's simply not true, a pair of 2" hoses move more air with less restriction, making the single 2" hose more efficient in the process.

I notice a very nice increase in suction running 4 to the door, especially on long hose runs (500+)

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Ashley,

Billy here. If your haven't put that new 2.5 hose to use that I sold you, I would buy 1/2 or all of it back if you are interested.

859-351-2299

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
100_2007.jpg

see to the left.....

its 2.5 coming out of the blower, with a Y made to reduce down to the 2" the tank needs...then i come out with 2 2" down to a 2.5" for 50'

uh huh, dads nutty...of course my dad laughs everytime i do mods.....until it helps make his jobs i help him with go faster and better :roll: :roll: :roll:

Greenie

Eventually the student becomes the master, a true master recognizes that time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom