question about carpet with jute backing

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
does it cause extra long dry time? Around 2days to dry?

I have this customer in this fancy neighborhood that has a berber type carpet. I've cleaned it 3 times and all 3 times is took this long to dry. I haven't had a chance to look at the backing, but I'm thinking it's something weird like jute backing with maybe wool pile. It doesn't smell like wool when I clean, and I know it's not my cleaning process because I cleaned a poly rug and a wool rug and they both dried very quickly. I even gave them a free cleaning last time, thinking it was something I did wrong. I took extra steps to help it dry, but it still was slow as a snail on dry times.

any thoughts?

FredC

Village Idiot
Natural fibers will obviously absorb more water and take longer to dry...but thi could also be an environmental issue. How is it laid out, is it a basement, hvac, etc?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Natural fibers will obviously absorb more water and take longer to dry...but thi could also be an environmental issue. How is it laid out, is it a basement, hvac, etc?
It's on the main floor in a very nice house. I cleaned a wool area rug right outside that room the same day and it dried in only 6-7hrs. I know wool takes longer than the normal 4-6hrs I'm used to. That's why I'm scratching my big head. When it takes 2 days to dry vs 6-7hrs on a wool rug...

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
Did you actually go and look at the job three days later and confirm that it was indeed still damp?
No I didn't and the people might be weird like that. The idiots don't tell me it took that long until they call to reschedule. The first time I discovered this problem, I sent them a text several months later and asked them to leave a review for my business. She replied that it took 2-3 days for the carpet to dry on that text conversation. Im glad she didn't leave a review.

FredC

Village Idiot
No I didn't and the people might be weird like that. The idiots don't tell me it took that long until they call to reschedule. The first time I discovered this problem, I sent them a text several months later and asked them to leave a review for my business. She replied that it took 2-3 days for the carpet to dry on that text conversation. Im glad she didn't leave a review.

So she told you twice it took forever to dry and you did nothing to modify you process or investigate why?

they live

Name
Steve
I have a customer that for several years I kept telling her house was too humid. This year I used my moisture detector and found her furnace humidifier was plugged and leaking under her floor.
The pad was wet but the carpet felt dry.
Set up a couple dehumidifiers and gave her a plumbers number to check the floor drain out.
She loves me even more now.
She was ignoring my concerns before that.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
So she told you twice it took forever to dry and you did nothing to modify you process or investigate why?
It was about a month after I cleaned it.

I modified my process by dropping my water pressure and doing triple the dry passes

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
It was about a month after I cleaned it.

I modified my process by dropping my water pressure and doing triple the dry passes
I looked back at my jobs the first day she mentioned it and all my other customers that day had no problems with it drying on their carpet.

I think it's the type of carpet where the problem is.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
You should know me enough now to assume that I investigated it. Should I have picked up my humidity moisture meter and wasted time walking through her house only to find nothing wrong?

My investigation was calling my other jobs the same day and comparing the dry time to the other rugs in her home I cleaned.

Quit kicking me in the shins . Your lawyer mannerism is annoying

FredC

Village Idiot
You should know me enough now to assume that I investigated it.

and then come to the wrong conclusion...

Should I have picked up my humidity moisture meter and wasted time walking through her house only to find nothing wrong?

Maybe. Since she has complained twice and all. At the very least since you think it is the carpet you could of established exactly what you're dealing with..

My investigation was calling my other jobs the same day and comparing the dry time to the other rugs in her home I cleaned.

and you still don't know anything other than it took longer to dry

Quit kicking me in the shins . Your lawyer mannerism is annoying

No

SamIam

Name
sam miller
does it cause extra long dry time? Around 2days to dry?

I have this customer in this fancy neighborhood that has a berber type carpet. I've cleaned it 3 times and all 3 times is took this long to dry. I haven't had a chance to look at the backing, but I'm thinking it's something weird like jute backing with maybe wool pile. It doesn't smell like wool when I clean, and I know it's not my cleaning process because I cleaned a poly rug and a wool rug and they both dried very quickly. I even gave them a free cleaning last time, thinking it was something I did wrong. I took extra steps to help it dry, but it still was slow as a snail on dry times.

any thoughts?
Use a 2 inch wand and a air path

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom