Question about encap products?

Name
Jesse
What are the differences between the shampoo's (for Jimmy) that are straight encap vs the shampoo's that are encap or a hwe extraction emulsifier?

Clark

When you emulsify soil with a surfactant you form what chemist call a Me-cell. Jimmy calls this shampoo. But the same is true with HWE. The Me-cell must be removed while it is in this state. OP guys use cotton. HWE uses water and air velocity. The new technology you called Encap is where the Me-cell is captured in a fast curing plastic that has a life of 30 to 40 days to be vacuumed out. The plastic has a half life where it falls apart and releases the soil. This is know as chemical buildup. One of the problems with the process. At this point HWE is needed. Using more Encap works but not as good. The surface tension that binds the soil to carpet fibers is compromised by the overextended plastic from the previous cleanings. If the Encap is removed in a 2 to 3 week period the problem goes away.

Name
Jesse
Clark,

I appreciate your answer and it's a good one, but you answered the wrong question. I was wondering about the "cross over" products and why one is encap only while another may be metered through a tm.

What are the differences between the shampoo's (for Jimmy) that are straight encap only VS the shampoo's that are either encap or a hwe extraction encap emulsifier?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
SMILES said:
Clark,

I appreciate your answer and it's a good one, but you answered the wrong question. I was wondering about the "cross over" products and why one is encap only while another may be metered through a tm.

What are the differences between the shampoo's (for Jimmy) that are straight encap only VS the shampoo's that are either encap or a hwe extraction encap emulsifier?

I may be wrong but I believe the short answer is that the ones you use for hwe foam less.

Clark

Sorry! I guess I got side tracked with the details. But the heat plays a part with the plastics in the Encap. Some polymers can cure in the lines when heated.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Yeah, I never thought about that, Clark. I would imagine that (pliable) film formers would be the worst culprits there. Brittle film formers (crystallizers) would probably be more desirable for that application provided the level of foaming is low enough to not compromise the vacuum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom