Question about freezing your wand

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Hey guys. It is going to be 25 degrees tonight in nyc. I took wire ties and tied my wands open. Will that prevent freeze up? I have the flu and dont want to lugg them upstairs.

Greenie

SO now your valve is "open".... did you click on a spare QD so the passageway is open and the water can drain DOWN and OUT of the wand?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Stick a spare quick connect onto your wand, pull the trigger and blow out all the water and then you will have no problem.

Only problem with this method is if your wand has check valves in which case you'll need an air compressor. Works great on your solution hoses also.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yes, I did it that way for years when I used a porty, also it helps to run anti freeze through the unit (DA!) but thing is you can use el-cheapo windshield wash, it's safe against freeze to -25 degrees, never had a problem with freezing doing that, just use a drain line to drain off the ww before using (DA!) you can reuse it a few times too as long a the color of the ww stays consistent with it's original color. Hope this helps, stay warm.

heat_m.gif

Good point about the QD, mine always seemed to be stuck open on the top anyhow, so it wasn't a concern, but good point

Attachments

• heat_m.gif
    heat_m.gif
    46.1 KB · Views: 162

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
25 isn't terrible, i would think you should be OK...but yea that open fitting would be sure to help...

also is the van insulated at all??

and what do you do about the other equipment??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I was going to say the same as Doug.
But it's not MY equipment to worry about.

My uninsulated van is parked in an unheated drafty pole barn.
As long as it was out cleaning that day, I rarely heat it til the temps go below 25.

If it sat out in the open, I might be a bit more concerned

..L.T.A.

danpauselius

Froze my TM once, that's enough for me. Inside of the van now stays at a cozy 68 degrees even when it's 15 below.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
my van has always been out in the open. from experience, i've learned that i have to worry when the temp falls below 27. 27 and higher, and stuff in my van is safe.

thanx --- Derek.

Back
Top Bottom