Question about the New SS Everest 870HP

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
I have a question about the new SS Everest 870HP. I don't know anyone who has / uses one so. I am looking at the 870 for the e-idle option. Its supposed to e-idle after a few minutes or with 3 pulls of the trigger. Then it goes back to the throttle setting once vacuum and/or water pressure change is detected. I work about 90% of the time alone and am constantly going back down to my 570 to turn the heat off to prespray. Then back down to turn it on again. I have to clean on low heat setting to keep it at 180 or less at the wand for the hydro force. Not a big deal when doing a standard cleaning. If I'm using the crb, which is quite often, then its a real pain as the rooms start to dry before I get to the 3rd or 4th room. To my question, does anyone know if the idle actually returns to the throttle setting if just the solution line is being used? Sapphire doesn't believe this will work the way I want it to. Anyone out in the field using one have any feedback?

LOV3Y

Name
0_o
To my question, does anyone know if the idle actually returns to the throttle setting if just the solution line is being used?
yes, the e idle works off the pressure from my experience.
if it throttles down and i start doing dry strokes it will stay on idle, once i click my pressure line it goes to the selected engine speed.

this machine will not go down to 180. lowest ive seen has been 195. i still use my hydroforces even at full heat lol.

if you want to call me and talk about my experiences with the 870 hmu. i called a couple 870 and aerotek owners before i bought this.

if youre a solo guy doing mostly resi, stick with a 570 or go butler.

sounds like you should just get an electric sprayer for prespray tbh. if youre going to the truck to turn down heat to prespray youre wasting too much time (imo).

Name
Nate W.
sounds like you should just get an electric sprayer for prespray tbh. if youre going to the truck to turn down heat to prespray youre wasting too much time (imo).

Spot on advice.. You need to steam line the process.. No wasted trips or movement back to the van..

How many jobs a day do you do?

Sounds like you do 2 maybe 3 jobs a day?

No point in changing machines if your going to be solo.. Some complain about machine not getting hot, while others complain it’s too hot..

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
I’ll try an electric sprayer. I have a couple of the Kobalt cordless sprayers for urine, tile, deodorizer, ect but they aren’t ideal for prespray. Not enough volume. Any suggestions for prespray sprayers?

I just went down to 2 a day. At 3 a day there are many days I’m in a total of 10,000+ sq ft of homes. Not always cleaning all of it but there are days it feels like it. Lots of big homes here in North Dallas. In the summer or the few commercial I do my oldest son works with me. It’s nice to have the ability to use the upholstery tool and wand at the same time. The Everest wouldn’t get to stretch its legs very often with me but if it did what I was looking for I would likely buy it. The ability to truly dual wand would be nice. My business doesn’t have any debit and I sure could use a tax write off. 5 year warranty sounds good also.

LOV3Y

Name
0_o
i have a multisprayer that i really like. i dont typically use it for prespray tho.
ive had the gentoo and it honestly broke pretty quickly. probably my own fault.
i have the pump up type electric sprayers, theyre decent and cheap.
if i was going to use it for prespray everyday id probably grab one of the vantool sprayers.

i do love my 870, but theres a lot of pros and cons. if you like your 570 and want something bigger you'll be happy.
$ wise youre probably overspending if youre not doing a lot of commercial and dual wanding.
i overspent and bought a bigger TM than i need. im happy.
but i also kinda miss my butler 🤷‍♀️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom