Question about this ..."Full Circle"....

Full_Circle

We have members that pay anywhere from $50.00 to $800.00 per month and it all depends on the plan and the amount of minutes used each month. We have considered charging per booked job but we book 100 or more jobs per month for some and at $20 per booked job our customers wouldn't be very happy with a $2,000 bill.
To some we seem like an answering service becasue they haven't experienced the type of service we provide. To others, we are the best first impression, a valued resource and a true extension of their business. We try our best to provide a personal touch. The same CSR that checks and returns your after hours voicemails is the same CSR that calls 24 hours before the appt to confirm and the same CSR that calls 24 hours after to follow-up and so on....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Nicole,
you either do, or you don't.
When I called and asked for just an answering service to bounce my calls to when I can't get the call (no program was discussed or offered,) I was told that you do not.
So which is it?

I think that on this board and elsewhere there is a fair amount of Owners Operators that feel like me. However they may use you as a back up answering service.
The ball is in your court.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brian R said:
Like said, nobody but nobody will answer the phone as good as I.

But you have to put your talents where they are best suited to grow the business.

O/O answering the phone in the customers home is probably the most unpro thing you can do except for maybe using the bathroom...lol you get the idea.

You've just told the customer that your next client is more important than them.

At the end of the day...as long as your phone is answered and doesn't go to voicemail.....you've won that half of the battle.
But if you lose the faith of the customer you are servicing in the meantime....you may end up losing the war.
shiteatinggrin

Brian,
Did you grow up eating at McDonald, so when you went to Denys it felt like high class to you?
Your business model works for you and that is great. It should not work for the high priced, great service owner operator that has built his or her business as the opposite (antithesis) of a franchise. Yes, it will have to be tweaked and adjusted if the business grows or evolves.

My clients understand that I am an owner operator and are not insulted when I answer calls. I ask for permission to answer, I do it shortly and if needed just take a number to call back later. Some time, in front of my clients I tell the potential client that I am currently taking care of a client and need to call them later. It registers as a positive for both. The new client sees that I take good care of my existing clients and the existing one sees that I really care about them.
The universe works in mysterious ways, doesn't it?

As a trade off my clients get great service attention to detail, the same person always cleans their carpet and I am always willing to go the extra mile for them. It is a trade off.

Here is an example: When I spray Teflon or a traffic lane cleaner, I always wear a respirator. The common belief on this board is that if you do, the clients will freak out and not use you again (too toxic! What are you putting on my carpet!!!?) My experience is quite the opposite. I tell them that I get exposed to it daily and that I need to protect my health. I ask them to leave the room when I do it. Not only that it does not deter my clients, it has built my business through the years.
Why?
Because I they know that if you meticulously do it for yourself, you will do the same for their health and their home.
Funny how these things work.

When I get a call, I ask for permission to answer, I tell them that I want to be available for my clients. It registers as a positive not a negative.

See, Brian, clients are very intelligent. If you are frank, honest and explain what you do- Most of them really understand.

On the other hand, the no patience, I want my carpet cleaned yesterday and for less $$ than anybody else in the known universe are not my clients.
I leave them to others.

Brian, it almost feel like we talk a different language.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ofer...I've been there. I've done exactly what you are saying in 10,000 sqft very high end homes...Don't act like I'm new to this.

I know better. It's rude to say "May I answer this call from another customer in your home". No way around it.

No one has better customer service then what I provided...now it's a bit out of my hands (in the home) but I won't stand for mediocrity....I don't care what size or type of job it is.

This isn't some "splash n dash" operation I don't care what Brevik sez. :mrgreen:

By the way, Stanley Steemer has been in home that are "Higher End" than what most of us here have even driven by.

Even franshises are ran by real people....being an O/O doesn't make you God's gift to the home owner.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I answer my own damn phone. Obviously if I'm talking to a customer in their home I let it go to voice-mail. I'm left alone for two or three hours in a house. When a call comes in I cover the vacuum hose so there is silence. It takes 90 seconds to talk to a customer and book a job, though sometimes a first-timer will ask a lot of questions and it takes five minutes, but that is rare. If someone is staring at me for the whole time I'm working, asking me stupid questions, fook em. I hate being stared at and bugged. I take the call and walk out of the room.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brian,
From someone that when asked, what are the criteria to join you franchise/network thingie?
Said: "Pay the fee and not have a criminal record."

It is quite a statement.

I am surprised that alive was not one of your criterias.

We do speak a different language, bubba.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
kolfer1 said:
Brian,
From someone that when asked, what are the criteria to join you franchise/network thingie?
Said: "Pay the fee and not have a criminal record."

It is quite a statement.

I am surprised that alive was not one of your criterias.

We do speak a different language, bubba.

That's not MY carpet cleaning company.

That's an advertisement for OTHER carpet cleaning companies.

Did YP.com (or whoever) do a background check on you?

F

FB7777

Full Circle is a value added service for your company

Having been in the trenches for over 20 years, I have rarely had the business line forwarded to my cell. For me, I can't envision answering calls all day, re-scheduling jobs, making reminder calls, booking jobs etc all the while trying to clean for the present customer

I suspect for a majority of cleaners that attempt this 'answering calls while cleaning' method many calls go to voice mail, and then you can play voice mail tag for days.

I bet most Owner operators return the phone call and then wait for the customer to call AGAIN

Better to book them while they're hot, the ones that don't call you back may have booked with the next company that picked up the phone

Full Circle will easily pay for itself with 1 or even 10 customers a month that slipped through the cracks

Everyone believes that their customers will wait for them to call back, and for the most part that is probably true, but you'll never real know how many customers book elsewhere

Fred

PS This is not a paid endorsement for Full Circle, my wife answers our phone during office hours. I would definately try out a service like Full Circle though if that were to change. Its a variable expense based on usage, where-as a full time person is hourly whether you're busy or not

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
pfred said:
F
Having been in the trenches for over 20 years, I have rarely had the business line forwarded to my cell. For me, I can't envision answering calls all day, re-scheduling jobs, making reminder calls, booking jobs etc all the while trying to clean for the present customer

I suspect for a majority of cleaners that attempt this 'answering calls while cleaning' method many calls go to voice mail, and then you can play voice mail tag for days.

I bet most Owner operators return the phone call and then wait for the customer to call AGAIN

Better to book them while they're hot, the ones that don't call you back may have booked with the next company that picked up the phone

Phone rings. You answer it. Book job. Done. No voice mail, no dicking around. If someone wants to know if I can come in that afternoon, I am the best one to say yes or no. All problems are taken care of immediately.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't tell you how many times Full Circle has called me with the customer on hold asking for a same day appointment ect.
Yes, bookem dano!

Voicemail is death for most potential clients.

If your phones don't get answered during normal business hours...are you a real company?

I don't think anyone in this thread is saying they let it go to voicemail....I'm just sayin.

F

FB7777

lots of guys don't admit they're phone goes to voicemail :roll:

Personally IDGAS if guys answer their phones on jobs, I just think its a huge hassle

Customers have questions like " what did I have done last time , when was it or how much did you charge? etc.

Do you guys have an appt book in your back pocket?

Are you trying to schedule while you're driving?

If you get a call or 2 per hour I guess its not too bad, but if you have any intent on growing beyond a man shop, I don't see how it is possible to run a mobile office

but to each their own

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
pfred said:
lots of guys don't admit they're phone goes to voicemail :roll:

Personally IDGAS if guys answer their phones on jobs, I just think its a huge hassle

Customers have questions like " what did I have done last time , when was it or how much did you charge? etc.

Do you guys have an appt book in your back pocket?

Are you trying to schedule while you're driving?

If you get a call or 2 per hour I guess its not too bad, but if you have any intent on growing beyond a man shop, I don't see how it is possible to run a mobile office

but to each their own

I try to not let a call go to voice mail, and if it does i call back immediately. I carry an appointment book in my front pocket. If I'm driving, I answer and pull over. I drive like a drunk if I'm scheduling and writing and driving. I get a call or two per hour during the busy season which is quite manageable and provides a nice break from the constant work.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Fred,
The argument is about the Owner Operator that answers the phone, not the multi trucker. Different business model.

The normal O/O if he admits it here or not, does not get tens of calls a day.
Yes, I do carry my appointment books wherever I am.
Yes, when I am in a bad reception area it goes to voice mail.
Yes, I am sure I lose some potential clients due to that.

I suspect that so do the users of answering services, only they may not know it.

Brian, I never used YP, never needed to.
All the other ones I did like "the S.F. Good service Guide" "Consumer Value Star" "Diamond Certified," do check on you and client satisfaction etc.
I tried to steer away from the price shoppers to the quality shoppers. Mostly because I know my limitations and I have never been a good 'evangelist' (that is being able to convert price shoppers to quality seekers. My limitation.

P.S. This is not meant to be about your business venture. What I am trying to convey to you, evidently without success, is that there is different kind of clients, that respond different kind of businesses. No one glove fits all.

All I can tell you is that a huge amount of my clients are ex Coit/Stanley Steemer clients. And I charge more than they do.
Are they bad companies?
No.

It is just that their specific style of business does not work for my kind of clients.
As they say: Different strokes for different folks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya

My whole arguement is letting your phones go to voicemail is worse than an answering service.
But you will lose jobs on both for sure.
And that whole answering in the house thing. !gotcha!

I don't doubt that you run a high quality business...Just please don't assume that I am low quality because my business "model" may suggest it.

I try to make my customers as happy as when I was cleaning...and most of the time I like to think I get pretty close. My angieslist super service award for 2010 I think proves that...among other factors.

Full Circle has helped with that because I let them answer full time...I'm making money, and I have a good amount of repeats.

To each his own...as said

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brian R said:
I hear ya

I don't doubt that you run a high quality business...Just please don't assume that I am low quality because my business "model" may suggest it.

I try to make my customers as happy as when I was cleaning...and most of the time I like to think I get pretty close. My angieslist super service award for 2010 I think proves that...among other factors.

Full Circle has helped with that because I let them answer full time...I'm making money, and I have a good amount of repeats.

To each his own...as said
Brian,
I do not and I never did assume that you do that. I am sure you take good care of your clients.
We just do business differently and serve a different clientele segment.
Whats good for the goose etc :|

Back
Top Bottom