Question For Distrbutors

Willy P

Name
Willy P
When you have a warranty issue with equipment do you charge the customer for the repair and give a credit when the manufacturer approves the repair or do you just do the repair anyway? I was told by the local Prochem dealer they charge for the repair and reimburse after Prochem approves it which can take up to 30 days. It just didn't seem right to me.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Depends on the customer and what the problem is. Usually I know if it is or isn't a warranty issue. If I know it is and know no matter what I'll get it covered then no I won't charge. Refunding money is messy accounting. Now If the customer is ignorant and rude and doesn't take care of their equipment......never mind those guys don't come down to us :)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Let's say a customer that spends 4 or 5 grand a year, brought you other customers, drove on his own dime and time to pick up and drop off some free display shelving, that takes care of their equipment and it was an obvious manufacturers defect?

Somebody wasted a lot of goodwill.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Before I passed judegment on another distributor I would have to know everything. Some distributors don't have the capital to pay for parts that may take up to 90 days to get reimbursed for. Also Im a big bully so when my customer is down I expect no I demand immediate action and I Almost always get it. Also we always put the customer first. That is what we do. This is not a judgement on any other distributor

Bjorn

would depend on how much abuse there was to the part in question

I have replaced parts then I send it back to the manufacturer and then they tell me it was abused and no warranty

So I'm out the bucks for something not my fault, hence the 30 day waiting period

Name
John LaBarbera
Odin said:
would depend on how much abuse there was to the part in question

I have replaced parts then I send it back to the manufacturer and then they tell me it was abused and no warranty

So I'm out the bucks for something not my fault, hence the 30 day waiting period

Not a dist. but speaking as a manufacturer our policy is to simply leave the determination of warranty up to the dist. The dist. is on site and in the best position to service the customer. If it's warranty, they fix it we pay labor and parts. When our customer is down he's losing money and no one can afford that. If a dist. gives warranty when he should not have then we have a talk with him. He needs to be fair in what every he does. We partner with the dist. The dist. is also a partner with the PCC. It needs to be a win,win, win, situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom