Question for Judson O2 users and the producers.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Just a thought, Went into a home today where the carpet seemed to be well taken care of. So I pre vac, then instead of spraying the O2 pre spray at a 1/4 through the HF, I put in a 1/8 yellow tip. My question is the Difference in dilution rate? By using the yellow tip
I can save on solution, good for me, but have I provided the customer a lower quality service. Still looked great. I guess the real question is how does the ratio impact the chemical strength and production?

Also I had a conversation with a local CC about the use of pre spray. His response was he would not use it on situation such as the above mentioned. Now my first reaction would reflect on the procedures recomended by the IICRC in the S100. Also the visual affect you have on a home owner by using a pre conditioning product. So "do you or don't you" in these situations? I don't know the practices of SS but this is what I have heard rumored.

I would love to see how other handle this type of sinario.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You cut the dilution in half. Nothing wrong with that, use less 'soap' where less soap is needed. The carpet looked good, and as long as you didn't leave any soil attracting residues you didn't do the client a dis-service(or provided a lower quality service). Clean smarter, not harder, and rest easy at night. As time goes on you'll learn there are many different ways to get from point A to B, and without sacrificing quality of service. :wink:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If the carpet is in really good condition and less than 3 years old, (like no spots and spill and you are wondering what you are doing there cleaning...) then we will use a product like soapfree as an intank emulsifier. and not worry about a preconditioner.. however we also inform the customer about the change in procedures and actulally give them a better price as a way of saying thank you for maintaining your carpets well.

charlie brown

There are numerous tips for the H.F. Look for the proper dilution rate on the paricular chemical and use the proper tip. If you want to get really particular you can add some water to the chemical to get inbetween tip dilution rates. EZZY PEZZY

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If you put 4oz of O2 in the HF with no tip, 4:1, you're spraying at 1oz/gal
Put a yellow tip in , now you're at 8:1, or 1/2oz/gal
O2 will work at that dilution just as well. I mix mine up at 8oz/gal and use a HF, so when the heat hits it and I'm not drawing as much, it still works great.

The carpets that seemed to be well taken care of still need cleaning for the soiling that is stuck on the fibres that you can't see. You wash your clothes after wearing them even if they don't look dirty. Perfect time for maintenance cleaning.
Spray it on, scrub it in, rinse it off and reprotect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom