question for other Sapphire 1200 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Tom McLaughlin
Hey Chris, Hey Bawb, Hey Mikey!

If I take the first letter from each line in Tom's post it spells out "Bob Vawter RIP M10F"....wtf?

Now that's funny stuff!

Well now Mikey, you'll have to cremate him and stuff his ashes into a vacuum cleaner for the burial, LOL.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I said the moment Mikey started selling advertising money that his public posting style would change, but why would a real cleaner want to squelch another cleaners right to discuss issues?

He can do what ever he wants and I wont edit him...

Just giving him the same advice you live by. Don't rag on a product you own until you've sold it.

The only reason you've become so romantically involved in this issues is to test me, knowing full well SS is a big supporter here. Because that's the douche bag that you are.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
""Bob Vawter RIP M10F"

don sound like he was talkin' to pigsnot to ME!!!

even tho it might not be my time to go.....

what about the guy sitting in FRONT of me....what if it's HIS time..

I AIN'T GOING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
""Bob Vawter RIP M10F"

don sound like he was talkin' to pigsnot to ME!!!

even tho it might not be my time to go.....

what about the guy sitting in FRONT of me....what if it's HIS time..

I AIN'T GOING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

U Big Azz Sissy!

Sun gun has a Vac tat an is skeered of a few ol buzzards. Beats all I have seen : (

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I expect Sapphire to take care of it. I have had a few emails from guys with some questions and I wanted to address them. 3 times in the past 10 days I stop in on jobs to see how the machine is performing and I found the temps at 175 when the guys are on the 3 or 4 th room. Also I brought this to the board because it is obvious Sapphire knows about this problem and is trying to cover it up. I do not want any other cleaners to get a machine that is not performing as advertised. I just want what I paid for and I want a Sapphire to stand behind this. It also ticked me off that I never received a follow up call from Sapphire after they sent me to Nashville.

David;

I have a question for you. When the machine was installed, did you operate the TM for a while actually cleaning some carpet.

It seems like the heat issue would have been apparent to the mechanic monitoring the heat output.

I agree with Mark above that you should check the temp at the wand with a second temp gauge for accuracy:
View attachment 3847
Document your results for discussion with the manufacturer.

I hope you get the PTO heat issue resolved quickly.

Larry

Name
Tom McLaughlin
First what speed are you running you unit on? What temps are you getting on that speed? Also do you need to preheat the blower for 10-15 minutes by blocking off the vac port before every job just to get that heat?

Going from memory, and I'm not the mechanic, I believe we initially run the Pro-1200 without a load up to 1,500 RPM, then we block the vacuum and set the vacuum release at 14 of lift. That would be for the high speed, per the factory specifications, which gives us about 1,400 RPM (maybe a tad more) while cleaning.

The middle speed is about 1,250 RPM and the low would be 1,000 RPM or so.

Since we know that every carpet cleaner is different, when we bring them in for the first 50-hour service check, we'll ask follow up questions on how the Pro-1200 is performing. Some cleaners are strictly commercial, so a higher middle speed helps them on medium length single runs, using the high speed for extra long runs or running dual wands.

We can customize the speeds through the idle control module, per the feedback we're getting from the customer, but we do stay within the Sapphire guidelines.

The heat is indead a factor of the RPM and vacuum load plus the ambient temperature. Cleaning my apartment in winter, oh sure I was barely above 200*F (it was bitter frozen tundra weather) but last summer, it was a solid 235*F, I was running on high though.

In as far as preloading, our guys fire up the machine with the wand in a corner (so the vacuum is blocked) and by the time they're done moving furniture, the machine is getting up to heat. On successive jobs, the machine has heated up, it doesn't take long at all, the guys just start cleaning and within a couple of minutes, they're at high temperatures.

I'm just trying to be supportive, once you get past the intial tweeks, the Pro-1200 won't require any fussing around with for a very, very long time. Oh yes, before I forget, for accurate temerature readings on the gauge, you need to be on the trigger of the wand, flowing water past the temperature sensor.

I'm going to book mark this thread, will check in later for you.

Last edited:

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Mike I realize you most likely got a call and some advertising dollars may be in jeopardy but lets make a few things clear. Never did I mention a lawyer. I would never go that route. I also had nothing but good things to say about Chris Pond. I also mentioned in another thread that I will take all my trucks there for service. All I said is he looked at nothing on the machine and went straight to "preheating the blower" as a fix. He admitted he has never seen a 1200 yet in person so I questioned how he knew what to do. Sapphire sent me to him so read between the lines. All this could have been avoided if Sapphire called me after they sent me to Nashville and asked how things are, are you satisfied? John followed up with me and I told him what happened but theres nothing he can do. He didn't design the thing. Larry it was installed 2000 miles away and shipped to me so no I have no clue what they got except John said it was 220 or better. But remember here, Sapphire flew out to Johns and did the install. My bet is they pre heated the blower and got those temps. Mike as for Ben stepping up and admitting he only gets 180 I have yet to hear from one 1200 owner who get the temps claimed by Sapphire (with out mutilating the blower) why is that? Funny when you had problems with Shawn you had no problem airing your concerns here, oh that's right he didn't advertise here my bad. Fine I wont say anything more here so you can unwad your advertising panties. Also Larry I don't need a lie detector if I can grab the quick connect and hold it for 10 minutes while keying the wand. Tom McLaughlin thanks for your input. Good advise

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
David I don't see that you have to explain yourself or tip toe around this issue . To put it nicely you have every rite to be very concerned. After they fix this for you,I would like to know if it is the hottest TM in the industry as they claim in their brochure. Good Luck

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Hey Dave. I'm sure this is a pain for you as my ss was for me. Sapphire will contact you most likely tomorrow to find a fix ,Bob Kline called me his own Damm self. Gave me the ..we,ll have CMS get it sorted and offered me a few cases of chems. CMS did do a great job keeping my sapphire on the road(ss370) until I got rid of it. . As mikey told me "you might have just got a bad one"
i would say plan on sending it to Nashville for few days till they fine out what bugs it has and work them out
I did,nt get fellow up calls either, but in this case I'm sure they will address that too.
hope to see you in a few weeks over this side of the world.....you still on Bombay blue

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Also Larry I don't need a lie detector if I can grab the quick connect and hold it for 10 minutes while keying the wand.

David;

If the factory installers checked the actual operating temps,

they would have noticed the low numbers.

If you grab the quick-connect and hold it,

you are not even at the temps you observed.

A second temp gauge reading will give more verified info,

to the factory PTO troubleshooters.

Larry

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
And David...
SS has never reached out to me on this subject.

Not once have they ever asked me to step in and hush a dissatisfied customer I'm proud to say.

Your apology with Shawn is way off. I always give a company many opportunities to fix an issue before taking it to the Boards.

Remind me, you froze this truck right?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
For heavens sake.

• David shared the problem that he has - Good. The community needs to know.
  • Maybe without giving SS the time to respond?- Yes. Sure, it would have been nice if they followed up. Giving them some more time to respond on a public form (it is the weekend after all) would have been nice too.
  • Mike is a carpet cleaner, but he also owns a valuable bulletin board and has different responsibilities. Some of which are: 1) Keeping the board uncensored and credible. 2) Taking care of his customers. Those who have not yet realized or still resent it- GROW UP!

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I jus wanna know if he has ever burped the HX.......AND
what size the motor is...THAT'S important stuff!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
And David...
SS has never reached out to me on this subject.

Not once have they ever asked me to step in and hush a dissatisfied customer I'm proud to say.

Your apology with Shawn is way off. I always give a company many opportunities to fix an issue before taking it to the Boards.

Remind me, you froze this truck right?

Go back to David first post. He was just asking other owners if his TM is the norm for the pro-1200. Nothing more. He was not taking it to the boards for leverage as you suggest. David has been 100% honorable about this. You are just to worried about what ss may think. If this situation concerned a small non paying advertiser--- well lets not go there LOL

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
No Mike I did not freeze the machine. I said that the water hose going from the transfer pump on the water tank was freezing because its near the door, No part on the machine froze.

Bob and others asked lots of good questions like did you burp the HX and or the truck, did they check this, did they check that. The answer is no. Now i want to again say this very gently so Mike doesn't accuse me of throwing an industry legend under the bus. I will only state the exact facts. After 3 phone calls with service techs at sapphire and no results I was told to take it to Chris at the cleaners depot. he is the best and will get it straightened out, OK I drive 6 hours round trip. Now I am no mechanic so I would have no idea what to look for but Bob and other have lots of good questions on where to start and what things should be checked. I would think that Sapphire would have had Chris check all of these basic things out. Like Bob said how about burping it, how about running the system the way the manual says to run it and see what it's doing, how about putting a gauge on the wand to see what it's getting for temps, lets check the water temp coming from the radiator. Is the van temp where it should be, what is the temp of the water from the pre heater? There were several more questions people asked me about the system and if we checked this and that. The answer is no. They did not check any of those things. again Mike I am not putting down an industry giant in the TM business. Plain and sample he did not check any of those things. He immediately determined that the water going into the blower HX was cooling off right away because the blower is not getting hot enough to heat the water to correct temps. He showed me how to get the blower hot and was able to reach the desired temps. Like I said I am no mechanic so I will not judge the actions he took. I feel I gave Sapphire the chance to fix it and it was glossed over. Am I the only one that feels more should have been checked?

Last edited:

Sapphire

Name
Dorrel Allsop
David,
First of all, thank your for your business and support of Sapphire Scientific.
We never walk away from our commitment to our customers or the industry. We simply ask for our customers to work with
us. I'm not going to speculate about any "issue" with your unit on the board. We will continue to work with John Olsen, a very knowledgeable dealer and Chris Pond an "Industry recognized TM service expert" to make sure our product is performing as it should.
I'll reach out to our team tonight so we can focus on this right away.
Sincerely,
Dorrel Allsop
Sales Manager
Sapphire Scientific

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
For the records
What was the test temp when it left UT, what is the max you can get it up to now

Sent from my bathtub using Crapatalk

Mikey P

Administrator
Jhc..

Dude let those involved fix this problem.

You armchair quart backs are probably what created this issue in the first place.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I've owned a 1200 for 3 months. Admittedly I've never cleaned with it. I have 7 HM CDS units and 2 other units that I couldn't tell you what they are ( it's Sunday). I just called the tech who runs the 1200 and cleaned with most of our other units. He says the 1200 heats up quickly with "KILLER" heat.

My advise is before we get our panties in a knot on the weekend, make some "friendly" phone calls to the manufactor on Monday.

And have them comp you a 5 gal. jug too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I've owned a 1200 for 3 months. Admittedly I've never cleaned with it. I have 7 HM CDS units and 2 other units that I couldn't tell you what they are ( it's Sunday). I called the tech who runs the 1200. He says the 1200 heats up quickly with "KILLER" heat.

My advise is before we get our panties in a knot on the weekend, make some "friendly" phone calls to the manufactor on Monday.

And have them comp you a 5 gal. jug too.

That's good to know that other units heat up great....BUT: the question will remain to be "what is killer heat"
To Joe's tech, it may be 190 because he never worked with anything better or he came from a company where they had only ninja portables and he does have quick, "killer heat" compare to a ninja.

So my point is this: everyone can have an opinion what is good, acceptable, excellent and what's between those. So let SS fix this issue for David...even if its the second or third time David has to try to get it fixed.

Imho a 20some thousand dollar unit should absolutely perform better than 200degrees and should not have to have second third fourth times in attempts to get it working at the level the manufacturer claimed it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom