Question for the truckmount gurus....

MerCrewser

Prochem machine with a pvc dump valve. If I replace with a more robust metal (bronze?) valve, with the dissimilar metals cause electrolosis issues in my aluminum waste tank? PVC valves are always seizing up and breaking....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
MerCrewser said:
Prochem machine with a pvc dump valve. If I replace with a more robust metal (bronze?) valve, with the dissimilar metals cause electrolosis issues in my aluminum waste tank? PVC valves are always seizing up and breaking....
don worry...yor aluminum waste tank will be toast in five years anyway...no madder what!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You'll be fine. What I see eating up waste tanks is people not flushing them out. Paper Clips, LOOSE CHANGE,Staples,Iron (dirt contains iron in case you didn't know) these things combines with the high akaline and acids that never get flushed is what eats waste tanks. Ask Vince Feehan how many waste tanks he has gone through on his Prochems....I bet ya a buck I can answer that without ever asking him.

John Watson

I used a piece of hose and 2 screw clamps on the PVC drain pipe, switched to a guillatine type valve. Just make sure to back suck with blower when through draining to suck out any debree that will cause valve to drip. Getting ready to change mine, only been there over 6 years!!!!!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Bawb said:
don worry...yor aluminum waste tank will be toast in five years anyway...no madder what!
Not true.

I have an aluminum waste tank that is 24 years old, and still going strong!

It has been repaired twice.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
MerCrewser said:

don't know anything about the electrolysis, but you could eliminate all concern by coupling a full port brass ball valve to sch 40 PVC, then use a rubber coupler at PVC to tank outlet port

That's how Powermatics are plumbed.
Rubber coupler to 2.5" PVC to 2.5" brass full port ball valve to PVC nipple

Personally, I think those cheap plastic knife valves belonged on portys
Not a TMs.....

..L.T.A.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I haven't had a problem with mine... WAY easier to open then the pos pvc ones. I think I payed around 100 for it..
001-10.jpg

MerCrewser

got one, $31 at Lowes for 1.5 inch which is the size of the pvc on it now. No room to put pvc or buffer between, not even enough for a hose barb unless using a gate valve. My 12 yr old tank is in great condition, always has a few inches of waste water in it because pvc vavle is such a pain to use. I always run the pump out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom