Question for you post bonnet dudes

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
lol I don't know about the post vacuum thing or the fiber flossing......

but it is rare for me to throw a pad on the floor any more....

Mikey P

Administrator
I do it on thrashed carpets Resi or Comm.

Maybe a few times a week.

When we bumped up to 012 flow we found far less soil being left behind.

And less water.

Imagine that.

-JB-

Name
JB
EVERY JOB! PERIOD.

Faster drying.

Less moisture = Less residual soil.

Softer carpets.

Perceived value, perception IS reality.

You DON'T get paid for things you don't do, subsequently, you DO get paid for what you do, do.

Less jobs, bigger average, bigger profits.

Sorry almost forgot,

IMO.

The Preacher

James Smith. do you like synthetic or cotton bonnets, or the blended cotton/rayon/poly (tuway big loop)???

G

Same as we did a year ago. When the customer pays for it, or when it really needs it.

We still go through 100-200 pads every 2 weeks and that is without doing the jobs 100% op style.

Chad

hogjowl

Idiot™
The reason I asked about this is because I did it today on a really trashed job. I already had the rotary in the house because I prescrubbed with it, and decided since I was pumping so much water through the carpet I might as well post bonnet it to get that extra soil out and maybe, just maybe help the carpet dry faster.

Sheese ... the darn carpet was ALREADY dry BEFORE I got to post bonnet it, and I pulled almost NO extra dirt out.

These glides are wonderful, and I can't imagine any neanderthal carpet cleaner still having to post dob a carpet.

And, if you were one of those posters who said you do it because it helps your drying times ... then bless your heart.

Rex Tyus

Are any of ya'll still post bonneting (or padding) carpets after HWE?

If so, why?

The term "diminishing return" comes to mind.
Does it help? Sometimes.
How much? Depends on your cleaning technique.
Is it worth the effort and cost? Depends on your cleaning technique. Poor technique may need to be propped up with post padding.
or as Meat said
The only time we ever do it (or ever have PBed for that matter) is on com with uneven sub-floors

Yea I know I am agreeing with Meat again :roll:

Greenie

Marty put one of these elbows on your tank and let that 2.5" hose breath, you'll have a Mini-V.

DSC02072.jpg

Then buy one of these in 2.5" for your hand drill, even a pig farmer can install it.

2.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom