question on 2.5"

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I am going to add 50' of 2.5 that will run first from my waste tank. If I drop down to 2" for the next 100' will there still be a change rather than running 150' of 2".

Where is the best place to order 2.5" hose and the fittings for the waste tank? Also reducers for the 2.5" to 2" ?

TimP

Greenie can answer your questions and get you the gear....give greenglides a call and ask for Jeff. 866-get teflon

Greenie

If you can swing the extra money get a second section of the big hose, you'll always feel like the truck is 10ft behind you, although the vacuum is noticeably better even with a single section, it's that much better with 2, assuming you have storage room.

I joking tell guys, it's the $500 vortex conversion package, but it's not so far from the truth when you do a day and night comparison to your "old set up".

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry B;

Adding even one 2.5" x 50' length will decrease the loss of lift between the TM and the wand.

More LIFT at the wand...

= more CFM thru the carpet...

and more solution recovered.

Larry

Tim V.

Is there a kit or special parts need for the vortex to go to 2.5, so you can hook it up outside thr truck? What are others doing?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You will notice a huge difference by keeping the 2" length to 50ft.
100ft of 2" makes a significant drop in airflow.
You're best to rig your tm for 2.5 all the way to the door and 2" inside (50ft)

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ron

On most of the jobs we use the TM on 100" would be too much. Most of what we do are apartments and small commercial stuff we are 25' or less from the door.

Greenie

On that short of a run, use a 25' section of 2" as the leader, and hold on, cause you are in for a ride.

Tim,
On older vortex (pre-2.5" set ups) we send out this "Vanifold", you remove your stock plastic tank elbows and filters and connections, and screw these three 90º fittings on the tank (yes the third unused port too), run a few feet of 2" hose from all three ports over to the 5 port vanifold, and bolt it to your hose reel, or run the hoses through the floor and bolt teh vanifodl under the truck. The use of some black CoolCuff parts keeps the diameter of the hoses large, it's an amazing increase even for a Vortex.

Vanifold06.jpg

Vanifold02.jpg

Greenie

No.

you would have to cut and weld an additional 2" port, in fact I had one customer do just that, he said he can't tell the difference between his converted 59 blower and his converted 68 truck, I told him the 59 actually makes more cfm, so if he ran them both at 16"hg, I don't know that anyone could tell.

Greenie

If the machine has a set up that allows you to easily remove one of the 2" fittings and replace it with a 2.5" elbow, then yes having the second 2" could be useful for an uph tool etc...
Keep in mind, the 2.5" thin walled elbows (and now straight barbs too) that we make, can receive a 2" vinyl cuff on the INSIDE just fine, especially if the unit is running and provides a little vacuum to help hold it, it's a universal connection and a wave of the future I'm sure.

If you use a 2.5" Y, then ignore what I said.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
We have 2 2" ports on the waste tank. I am going to remove 1 of them and replace with 2.5".

The one thats left is always plugged but I was wanting to run a 2" hose from this one to the back door and plug it their so its easy to hook up 2" if needed. I guess my question is will pluging the 2" off at the backdoor make any change from having it plugged at the tank?

Greenie

Larry B said:
... I guess my question is will pluging the 2" off at the backdoor make any change from having it plugged at the tank?

No, it will be fine.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I got all the stuff today and will have it installed before the sun goes down.

The GH wand looks nice cant wait to try it out!

Thanks Jeff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom