Question on BNI.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Your not supposed to join more than one group right? Is it cool if my wife is in one chapter and I in another? Help BNI gods!!!

M

Mark Imbesi

Steve is correct. You in one chapter and her in another. She can attend your chapter meeting as your substitue 3 times within a 6 month period, and vise versa. I'm making that mov right now (Flooring Solutions in 2 locations).

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
If your wife is willing to do it, make it happen. Right now, I'm trying to find someone to be in another chapter too. If I had the resources, I'd put someone in each chapter with more than 15 members and a vacancy.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Dirk Wingrove said:
If your wife is willing to do it, make it happen.

Actually this will be one of those "Hey I made an executive decision" kinda deals. :wink: So what about one person being members in multiple chapters that have meetings on different days? Or was that already said?

M

Mark Imbesi

What everyone has said..LOL!

Here's a summary:

A person cannot be a member of multiple BNI chapters or any other networking groups (ie, LeTip, etc..)

A company may occupy as many seats in different chapters as there are different people attending.

A member in one chapter may substitute for another chapter, and this is not limited to your profession. (ie, a carpet cleaner in chapter A, may substitue for any other profession in chapter B, including his own. He cannot substitute for a profession more than 3 times per 6 months)

3 latenesses equal one abscence

3 abscences in a 6 month period may qualify for termination without refund

Substituted for does not count as an abscence.

It would be wise to network outside your chapter for a substitute.

Chris A

Name
Chris
ok the substitution thing is what I was looking at. I was going to have my wife sign up at the second chapter and me go to both meetings ( neither chapter meeting time meets her schedule.) I guess I'll have to figure out something else.

Greg Loe

in my bni group, i like to tell new people that they can miss 6 times in 6 months without being kicked out. 3 with a substitute and 3 without a substitute. That's 12 times a year! If your a good member(good referrals, participating in leadership, more of a giver than a taker) and you go over the allowed times to miss, you could be placed on probation instead of removed.

Chris A

Name
Chris
So I went to my first meeting today, I was really impressed, I'm really psyched about what this could do for my business. I'm just gonna join one chapter right now, and keep looking for one that fits my wife's schedule.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Update- I'm not even a member yet and I got 2 referrals today! I am being inducted by the official grand poobah next week.

PS- Larry, my wife thinks its a cult too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom