Question on Maintenance on Pressure Relief Valve

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
To all, today I noticed my suc has dropped on the V. I investigated today and found my pressure relief valve is sucking air in the bottom constantly. I have never seen this particular type before and do not have the manuals. I am getting 12.5 with 2" hose with hand cupped completely over cuff at end of 50 ft length. I usually get 14-15 when I cup the cuff.

Can anyone identify this valve? Then I could try to look up info on it. How would one go about servicing it? Or should I plan on replacing it and if so what would you recommend, I know Greenie & Les talk about the Bayco.

Any help greatly appreciated.

ReliefValve.jpg
ReliefValve2.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Get rid of the vacuum relief valve A.S.A.P. It's a good thing it stuck opened an not closed. I went w/ an Aerotech Vacuum Relief Valve, I want to say it's about $200. I don't know if it's the best, but I've had no problems. When mine stuck, we were doing furniture and the front race walked out of the blower. Once I rebuilt the front end of the blower, I realized that the inches of lift stuck on 20 HG. I normally only run it at 15. If you cap off the bottom and take off your reducer on the top, you'll have your 2" threads. The threads were longer on the new relief valve, so I had to go in and hone out the T a bit w/ a dremmel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom