Questions about setting the jets on my wand

Joseph225

Help? Check the video out for full explanation. I've had a couple things turning over in the back of my head, and am not sure I've got this optimized properly.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
What PSI are you cleaning at? Turn the pressure down to 400-450, slower dry passes maybe also.

Joseph225

What PSI are you cleaning at? Turn the pressure down to 400-450, slower dry passes maybe also.
I keep it at 450. My dry passes are slow, that's not the problem. I'm worried it's not flushing the carpet as effectively as it could.
Stop
Just stop.
Before you need a shrink.
I have a shrink, thanks. I think you're great, Marty, but find it hard to take people seriously if they tell me I'm overthinking something. Don't be that guy.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Dry passes are where it’s at. But… are you PreVacing? Are your waste tank filters clean?Is your solution filter clean? Is your waste tank seal intact? Is your lift set properly on the TM?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Oh. There’s streaking. Didn’t get past 10 seconds. He is crossing the streams.

the spray from the jets are hitting each other. Turn the jets so they do not hit.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Joseph225

Oh. There’s streaking. Didn’t get past 10 seconds. He is crossing the streams.

the spray from the jets are hitting each other. Turn the jets so they do not hit.
If you're not gonna watch the video, why tf are you gonna offer advice?
I know what he’s talking about with the streaking, and we all know how to correct it. I’m just letting others feel all smart first.
...you have my attention.

Joseph225

1. Take the check valves out of your jets
    Put new jets on
    Turn your pressure down
    Start doing a double pass with a follow up dry stroke.
    Or go to a slot glide.
    One or more of these will correct it.
    • Done
    • Done
    • 450 psi
    • Do you mean overlap the cleaning passes? Do that, too. Doesn't help.
    • What's wrong with my hole glide?

Joseph225

have you tried cleaning at 600psi?

And when was the last time you took your glide off to clean behind it?
When I first got the wand, Conway said 500-600 is ideal, so that's where I was, for a bit.
It was all solid advice. I didn’t watch the video because you are complicating a simple process.
For the sake of my sanity (and personal edification), why don't you simplify it for me?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I already told him he can't find his way out of a wet paper bag. But I will say it again.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
When I first got the wand, Conway said 500-600 is ideal, so that's where I was, for a bit.

For the sake of my sanity (and personal edification), why don't you simplify it for me?
Take it all apart. Clean it. I’m not trying to be a dick. Guess you don’t get me.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The jets will wear out over time. I would replace them. heck, they could be clogged with something. I think I got three years out of my jets on my first Dev wand.

FredC

Village Idiot
You guys are assholes.

Me I'd do as marty suggested.

and make sure I wasn't manipulating the jets too much............ or decide if it's even needed (I've never touched a conway wand)

I might turn down the pressure a bit.

I'd probably order a static manifold.

"wisdom" here has in the past been jets hitting just behind the glide but as you noted as you angle it more toward the glide you get less flushing.........further away you'll extract less water all things like wanding speed being equal. Which is better is debatable

can you post a picture of your manifold/ jets?

hogjowl

Idiot™

1. Do you mean overlap the cleaning passes? Do that, too. Doesn't help.
    • What's wrong with my hole glide?
No. I mean feed your water on the up and back stroke then follow with a slow drying pass.
Nothing is wrong with your hole glide. That’s what I use, but it doesn’t lift the fiber the way a slot glide does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom