Questions for MR Jon Don

Mikey P

Administrator
got my new snail mailing..

I have a few questions to whoever can answer them.

Under the classes section I see a "TRU Concrete Polished Overlay" and a "Epoxy Skills Training" offering what are these classes and are carpet cleaners really diversifying that much or is our janitorial crowd showing up for these?

Brown Kraft Paper-$19.33 for a 900 ft roll. Since Vawter retired do you actually sell any of this stuff?

Why is Tooboring ball hoggin the SFS spotlight, when did Billy become chopped meat? Is Chuck still doing his day?

I lost count of all the Gel Spotter offerings, Billy which is your fave?

I see a Priority Manufacturing Prospector PE1200 portable, Is that new? never heard of that company..

Why is the Mytee Spinner tile tool the ONLY Mytee tool you guys sell?

If I am dissatisfied with my new truckmount at 29 days, you will really buy it back? What if I leased or am making payments, how does that work?

Thats all.

FredC

Village Idiot
Under the classes section I see a "TRU Concrete Polished Overlay"

I'm actually a fan of CTS products being from a DC background (OM of CCE)...............but I have to say at face value that is just f'n SCARY.............and not a tangent/avenue I would have seen DC manufacturers taking...............

MY ...WELL INFORMED...yet counter income ..... OPINION...stay the f away from concrete overlays (installation) unless you are getting into the DC biz

searching my snail mail now

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Under the classes section I see a "TRU Concrete Polished Overlay" and a "Epoxy Skills Training" offering what are these classes and are carpet cleaners really diversifying that much or is our janitorial crowd showing up for these?

Concrete is huge. Some of the equipment makes a Vortex look like a portable. We will have a session in Vegas at The Experience but probably not much equipment. You have not seen a trade show until you have been to the concrete Trade Show in Vegas.

Brown Kraft Paper-$19.33 for a 900 ft roll. Since Vawter retired do you actually sell any of this stuff?

I have always hated this stuff but yes mostly old timers still buy it.

Why is Tooboring
link1.gif
ball hoggin the
SFS
link1.gif
spotlight, when did Billy become chopped meat? Is Chuck still doing his day?

Not sure what you mean by this. Steve created SFS and is totally passionate about it so he will always be the one to speak to it. Chuck is very involved in Violand Management, but we have actually increased his time teaching in SFS. I am still doing what I have always done in SFS. Nothing has changed except the ongoing efforts to make sure SFS stays the premium program it has always been and that is what Steve works on 24 hours a day.

I lost count of all the Gel Spotter offerings, Billy which is your fave?

I still love Proschoice Power Gel & Prosolve as long as you use it quickly and not let it dry out. I thought the toothpaste containers were a brilliant idea for convenience.

I see a Priority Manufacturing Prospector PE1200 portable, Is that new? never heard of that company.

Private label.

If I am dissatisfied with my new truckmount at 29 days, you will really buy it back? What if I leased or am making payments, how does that work? Y

es, but not sure how the leasing would work. And a question for you why is the formatting on here so incredibly difficult?

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Billy ...I removed the full post Italics......edited colors so it makes sense...but may have messed up...feel free to edit

and now...........

My pet peeve....

Concrete is huge? Welcome to 1998 (actually WAYYY before)?

Sure...big money can be made. Just search: decorative concrete your city, concrete overlays your city, acid staining your city, or stamped concrete your city..............

pros with umpteen years experience are doing a professional job at it...not a side business for CC imo.....unless they have a desire to be broke

I WAS DOING THIS SHIT BEFORE IT WAS COOL OUTSIDE OF LV (and yes I've been to a convention/trade show...thanks Simon)....so I have a REAL understanding of what is involved

I've poured,stamped, colored, engraved, and blasted a lot of overlays ..I've also EATEN TONS OF MONEY doing so....so unless I've missed the point here and this is a class on topical care of already installed overlays.

caveat emtpor

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Fred, thank you for cleaning up my rambling. As for the concrete there is a large industry of people who were looking for a Jon Don like experience for their industry. We are trying to be that.

FredC

Village Idiot
Sorry...I got the impression from Mike's post, and your lack of correction, that this is something being marketed to CCs as an add on.

I know its a large industry. I am a bit confused as to what a "jon don
link1.gif
like experience" is as it pertains to the industry though. I've purchased supplies and taken classes from manufacturers like Scofield, semco, etc...................even had reps FLY OUT IMMEDIATELY to evaluate problems...what is the JD advantage?

Just bustin your balls....seeing what "diplomatic" response I get

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Sorry...I got the impression from Mike's post, and your lack of correction, that this is something being marketed to CCs as an add on.

I know its a large industry. I am a bit confused as to what a "jon don
link1.gif
like experience" is as it pertains to the industry though. I've purchased supplies and taken classes from manufacturers like Scofield, semco, etc...................even had reps FLY OUT IMMEDIATELY to evaluate problems...what is the JD advantage?

Before JonDon entered the distribution market in the 70s there wasn't a 1 stop national distributor for carpet cleaning supplies. We are trying to replicate that in concrete. We are not a manufacturer, we are distributors meaning we have multiple lines.
Fred you have much more experience in concrete than me. I still look at concrete as a substrate for the real stuff - carpet.

Just bustin your balls....seeing what "diplomatic" response I get

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
...what is the JD advantage?
Big Billy Yeadon. :)

Steve

PS Seriously, Fred, Jon-Don isn't perfect. And we occasionally (and sometimes unjustly) get our customer missteps trumpeted on this forum! Fair enough. But I honestly think Jon-Don's corporate culture is obsessed with a catch phrase from the early years of technology: "High tech AND high touch." In other words, we try to be both super-efficient while still giving our customers a great experience and tons of support. It must be working (most of the time) since we are still growing! (And as Papa Nick Paolella always says, "We're still having fun!")

And as Billy says we saw an opportunity to enter an industry that was super fragmented and give "decorative concrete" people what I describe above.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve is listed as the teacher in the class section.

I think you and Chuck should be listed too.

BIl are you using the full wysiwyg editor? If not go to your profile and select it.

Its very Word like.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen

Always "stirring the pot", aren't we, Mikey? :)

Steve

PS The SFS team lives in five different states (and two countries). We've been working together in SFS (and having fun) for almost 20 years. (And we've taught over 3,000 students.) You'll just have to try harder to break us up, Mikey!

Reactions: GCCLee

Mikey P

Administrator
One last question...

in this video you state that SFS is now FREE.

yet I see a $1295 price tag in the newsletter..?

[video=vimeo;57899028]http://vimeo.com/57899028[/video]

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon

BIl are you using the full wysiwyg editor? If not go to your profile and select it.

Its very Word like.
Thanks Mikey I will try that.

Name
Torrey Whitaker
SFS forever changed my business. Actually I should say my job. Before the class that's all I owned, was my job, not really a business per se.

It lays the foundation that is critical to build and personalize your final product off of.

I wouldn't say its the one and only thing you need in life to succeed, but I would have shaved the 4 years of trying to figure it all out down to probably 2 had I attended from the start. And because of my product purchases totaling the year cap, I was able to attend free.

That being said, one thing I believe I'm just short of expert at is reading between the lines. Mike, what's the end game? I smell a product/service your building up to. No?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes Torrey.

Im putting together an elite think tank group of virtual gurus to compete with the aging twins.

It too will be called SFS.

Shit Fred Says....

I just think Bill should get more recognition is all.

You've been hanging around Rob too long.

Its what you see is what you get around this board.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Torrey Whitaker
There wouldn't be anything wrong with another product or service. Just sayin.

"Yeadon" is a brand of its own. His contributions will live on for as long is this industry exists.

PS. Which of you Neanderthals will be at connections this year? (I hate the new name)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Those that know Bill know how much real value he has and how much he *gives back to this industry. Those that don't see that.....are the ones that really need his help the most.

*He owes big time for pushing the bane unit for all those years. :p
J/K
:lol:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Thank you for the nice comments but I think this has gone off track. I wasn't sure what Mikeys original question was concerning Steve this morning. I now know it was about the video that Steve created. Steve actually went out and bought the camera and all the software and had his old partner come up and train him in how to use the video editing software. This was not a Jon-Don expense. Steve did it because SFS is something he alone created almost 2 decades ago and he is just as passionate about it as he was when he started. There can only be one Lone Ranger and I am the Jay Silverheels version of Tonto, not the Johnny Depp version. This way I don't have all the responsibility. You can now return to the regular programming.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
One last question...

in this video you state that SFS is now FREE.

yet I see a $1295 price tag in the newsletter..?

[video=vimeo;57899028]http://vimeo.com/57899028[/video]
Not just the USB "Business on a Flash Drive" is free, Mikey. Once someone gets in the SFS program EVERYTHING is included. (Unlike other seminars/programs that sucker you in the door with big hype and then subject you to a never-ending sales pitch.)

So you get the 800 page SFS Operations Manual, over 3,000 more pages of systems, procedures and manuals on the USB stick including the audio and written version of Jon-Don's Next 30 Days PLUS ongoing online consulting free from Bill Yeadon and me and it is all included. (Did I mention it is all free including Papa Nick's gourmet catering?) That is how we've been rolling for 17 yearsl...

Steve

PS And you don't have to pay the 1275.00 either, Mikey. If you sign up and pay for SFS 30 days or more before the seminar we give you an instant discount of 400.00 which brings the five days down to 875.00. Plus if ya buy 5,000.00 or more of anything Jon-Don sells in the 12 months before the seminar we give you the whole thing for free! (And I like the fact that starting in 2013 your spouse, partner or key employee can attend SFS for half the price of the first attendee.)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
I will only come If Steve serves it dressed in a pink apron.
Be careful on the public commitments you make, Ofer.

Steve

PS Seriously, guys, I know it is fashionable to be cynical on Mikeysboard. Yet even the snarkiest among us would admit that many people in this industry need support, help and (dare I say it) a new vision for their business and maybe even their life and that is what SFS tries very hard to deliver on. Along with the business resources to follow though.

I tell every SFS class right up front: "If anyone here is 1,000% happy and satisfied with their life then please- we'll give you a full refund. The sun is shining and I'll personally buy you a round of golf. Go have fun on me." So far no one (not even Mikey) has taken me up on the offer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom