Quick Books P&L

hogjowl

Idiot™
As a result of SFS, I need to change the format of my P&L in QB. I need to separate my costs of goods from the "other" liabilities. As it is set up now, my P&L doesn't make that distinction.

Does anyone know right off hand how to go about designating a difference between the items on the liability category into COG's items?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think I found it. I went into the Company section and clicked on chart of accounts, from there I highlighted a particular expense item and say that there was a selection of "costs of goods sold".

I assume that if I change the designation to cog's it will create a cogs section with that particular expense item in it.

Right?

brzelt

Name
Bruce Zelt
Marty are we talking about separating out the different expenses?

My liabilities do not show up on p&l. Or do you mean on the bottom line balance sheet?

Hoping to learn more myself as well.

Scott

I think he's asking about separating COGS from fixed expenses.

Since I think he talked himself into the correct answer there's no need for me to reply.

Scott

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, I found it. I spent an hour or so this afternoon reformulating it and now I think I'm good to go. Surprisingly, my numbers are within the 40% that Chuck recommends.

I bet, when I back into the figure tomorrow, I won't have to go up on my prices more that 5 cents a sf.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom