Quick video of setting the height on the Zipper wand

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Erik has a maintenance video,

But here is a little quick video someone asked me to do about the ride height differences for commercial and residential (with a pad) carpets.

For commercial, just be able to slip a business card under the back glide and get it to just stick a bit.

For Residential, generally need the rear glide set at about 3/16 of an inch clearance measuring from a flat surface to the bottom of the glide.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
That's why I bought 2 Zippers. I have the 13 inch set up for residential and the 15 for commercial. I hardly ever have to make a adjustment to them. Not that it's a hard thing to do.

Ron K

Mark do you think it's advantage is quality or quantity(speed) or just the right balance of both.
What size is your waste tank and do you think it uses a lot more water to achieve great results.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks for the video Mark! The adjustment description is hard to put into words. You did a great job!!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark do you think it's advantage is quality or quantity(speed) or just the right balance of both.
What size is your waste tank and do you think it uses a lot more water to achieve great results.

Not much more water usage as I am running Prochem 6 jet Titanium wands with 12 flow (.02 jets) as well.

But the heat seems to be kept in the head more, as well as control of overspray.

The jets just seem to angle perfect as can be possible on the Zipper.

Just get's it done.

It blew me away on a Restaurants job a couple weeks ago.

There is something about the entire combination that makes this thing work very well.

Reactions: Ron K

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just looking at the side view.....is that a huge gap between the glides? How can the Zipper "vac down" on a carpet with that much of an air leakage?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Mark....send a pic of the underside of the Zipper.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Here you go Robert. There are two separate vacuum ports.
zipper_13_5_jets.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Honestly I never touch the adjustment unless I hear air leaking or the front is lifting. You can make it easier to push on some residential but I still rarely touch it. Also I have never used the weight.

Gene

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Honestly I never touch the adjustment unless I hear air leaking or the front is lifting. You can make it easier to push on some residential but I still rarely touch it. Also I have never used the weight.

Gene

That's what we are finding too.

Only seem to adjust from commercial setting if the front is lifting and diving like you say.

But, we keep experimenting.....for now :icon_cool:

Name
Nate W.
Thanks, Mark. I was under the impression that the whole base sealed to the carpet. Can the Zip be purchased with both glides slotted?

It could be with whichever glide you want... The hole glide comes standard in the rear to remove more water... The slot in front for those who don't prevac... Or you could even do both hole glides if you do prevac and if you have too much chatter on some carpets...

I never do take off the weights... It doesn't bother me and I feel it serves it's purpose...

Reactions: rwcarpet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom