Quickbooks question

Becker

Name
Becker
Ive not been to impressed with customer manager.
I love QB and have been using it since like 98'.

I even got Microsoft's newer accounting software in my Microsoft suite. But not even considered using it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bill Soukoreff said:
[quote="Brian Robison":3l76mfdc]Damn Bill, where were you 6 months ago on this subject.
I did what you said. You seemed pretty excited about it so I did it right away as to not have you over use your exclamation points.
Thanks, :wink:

Wait till you see I can do with semi-colons. :lol:

I just hate when someone posts bad advice about something as important as this. It sucks to GO BACK and re-do dumb things.

I like having to use just one program. I write up my invoices on the job and receive payment at the job (residential) and so I just use sales receipts in QB not invoices.

With classes it has enough to manage my customer lists for a simple business.[/quote:3l76mfdc]

Who posted bad advice? Let me at em!
I was asking a question I am pretty sure.
I still think Service Monster is better for what I am doing with it and QB is better for what I am doing with that. I have been doing QB for a few years and love it.
Although Becker is right, Customer Manager was not all that at all.

Does QB send out 3, 6, 9 12, 18, 24 months reminders automatically? Does it send pretty cards at a small cost? Can you set up marketing emails to your customers...all at once?
Does it have pretty pie charts? Hell it might, I don't know.

I can even do direct mailing out of it for a price.

Yea yea, I know this stuff can be done with other resources but it's nice to have it all in one place and I can export and import to an from QB as needed.

SuperFly

With a few clicks of the mouse my referral list and who referred them
comes up.. :lol: So, it works if you know how to work it.. :D We all don't run
our software the exact same way..

QB is very versitile.. :) :mrgreen: :| :wink: :lol:

You do it a different way.. Whatever way is faster for you
is what you want to use.. :D :) :( :eek: :shock: 8)
:lol: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :cry: :evil: :oops: :p :x :mrgreen: :|

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Brian Robison said:
[quote="Bill Soukoreff":361x31vu][quote="Brian Robison":361x31vu]Damn Bill, where were you 6 months ago on this subject.
I did what you said. You seemed pretty excited about it so I did it right away as to not have you over use your exclamation points.
Thanks, :wink:

Wait till you see I can do with semi-colons. :lol:

I just hate when someone posts bad advice about something as important as this. It sucks to GO BACK and re-do dumb things.

I like having to use just one program. I write up my invoices on the job and receive payment at the job (residential) and so I just use sales receipts in QB not invoices.

With classes it has enough to manage my customer lists for a simple business.[/quote:361x31vu]

Who posted bad advice? Let me at em!
I was asking a question I am pretty sure.
I still think Service Monster is better for what I am doing with it and QB is better for what I am doing with that. I have been doing QB for a few years and love it.
Although Becker is right, Customer Manager was not all that at all.

Does QB send out 3, 6, 9 12, 18, 24 months reminders automatically? Does it send pretty cards at a small cost? Can you set up marketing emails to your customers...all at once?
Does it have pretty pie charts? Hell it might, I don't know.

I can even do direct mailing out of it for a price.

Yea yea, I know this stuff can be done with other resources but it's nice to have it all in one place and I can export and import to an from QB as needed.[/quote:361x31vu]

Not you Brian, Superfly or Gman as known on the Recoil board gave the bad advice.

Just becuase you can make something work, does not mean it's the right way, the intended way or the best way.

Brian, for all the stuff you want to do, you need Service Monster.

T

tokmik

To answer your question. What you would do is create a new invoice for that client. And on the left when you select what service it is to tag it in quickbooks, you add a new one, name it Referral and if you have a referral program like Howard Partridges. You would then give them a credit of the 10% of the referred order.

Chandler Carpet Cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom