Quiet/Noisy slide ins

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What's the quietest slide in you've had. Prochems seem to rule on this one. I've passed by one a few times and seem like they are on idle. Definitely a plus.

What's the noisiest one you've had?.

Albert

Ricky Thurman

My Everest is extremely quiet compared to several others I've been around. I think you're right on with ProChem being the quietest. I used to run a 405 and it was not as quiet as the Everest but was still much quieter than my Bluewave

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In the early 90's we had a Prochem 800A, it sounded like a big city sewer truck.

We had several complaints from neighbors about late night water extraction. :shock:

As you stated they are much quieter now.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Duane... the Dominator is quiet enough that it "hums". Standing next to it... in front of it, there's no need to raise your voice to speak "over" what noise there is.

Speaking of noise... the new heat exchanger system I've designed will be extremely quiet as well...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Albert;

I think blower speed & capability has a lot to do with overall noise level.

One one hand everybody wants to overdrive the blower and maximise airflow. Thats a good objective, but it also raises the noise level.

I think liquid-cooled engines and stainless steel vac silencers are the best solution to long term noise control. Many of the current silencers corrode from moisture and gradually become louder.

Some of our customers do night work, and that is a challenge with any hi-performance TM on the market.

If the TM has a threaded exhaust outlet, a night-work silencer can be added or the TM can be operated @ a lower RPM.

We use a DBa sound meter to test various silencers in our plant, but comparisons with TM's in trucks have many variables that make it difficult to do comparisons.

Larry Cobb

John Watson

My JEM shaftdrive has been the quietest and most dependable of all the other truck mounted cleaning units I have had or used except for the Bane unit. The units I have had are Shaft drives: Steam Vac (3), Turbo Tec & JEM
Slide ins: Steam Way Powermatic (2) Prochem 100A, Ledgend & Bruin II. Hydra master Spit fire and the bane unit that a company had when I worked for them.

G

I dont think there is such a think as a quiet slide in.

Slide ins brag about their heat and power.. and it comes at a price.

I've seen so many slideins.. and they are all 2x as loud as my Butler..

I'm not saying buy a Butler.. I'm saying there are NO quiet slide ins.. just some a little less quiet than others.. but still so loud on their best day.

I saw one of Duanes smaller TMs at SF last year. It was so loud.. (and in tune)... nice rig.. very nice.. but loud.. so I couldnt imagine a Genesis.. or a Powermatic.
My buddy has Prochems here in town.. C'mon.. Quiet?

Geesh... his are nice (405s).. but you can hear them 20 miles away.

I rip his ass when hes working in a hood' on Saturdays.. or after hours.

Talking about RUDE... and he thinks. like many,, that it brings advertising attention to what he's doing.
I call it detrimental to the cause certain hours of the day.

G

I'd have to see that to believe it.
a lawn mower is louder than a butler.

and loud had different meanings.. to our ears.

The butler is more of a humming.. while TMs are just rattling.. LOUD ass noises.
Humming and engine sounds are totally different.

Now if a FOX has no power.. that may be true. but if its got any power at all.. it has to have some loud noise. They go hand in hand. it just may not be AS LOUD..

But i haven't seen one.. but i'd bet both your life and mine that its not even close.

respectfully.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
You said it Dobs. You haven't even seen one. Sorry, I'm talking out my arse. The Fox is awfully darn quiet.

G

I seen the Fox...and it made noise...but less noise than my 3 Butlers. They are far from quiet.

Dobs, are you still running it at 1500 RPM?

Chad

Becker

Name
Becker
The prochem 405 is a very quiet machine. I have always been impressed.

I cleaned with a buddy a couple of years ago, I asked him when he was gunna rev the thing up.

I was not at all unhappy with the heat and suck the unit gave out.

I owned a Chemtex panter 25. WOW... loud peice of shit!

Hydramaster CDS and Butler have a nice tone, and are very quiet. But they are not slide inss.

The Preacher

i use my Accellerated TM at an assisted living facility at night and have never had a complaint from staff or residents!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Danny, that's cause they're all DEAF

Dobs, you never heard a 47 blowered Buter have you?
Stand on the silencer side whie it's cranked up and you'll change your tune.

Never see or heard a Fox run.

The most quite slide-ins I've seen/heard were Prochems

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom