Ron lippold
How many of you all do radio ads.

How much do you spend ?
How many spots a month?
What kind of return?
How many months a year?

Name
Ron lippold
My golf game is so good that its time for something else, I dont like boats or kids, both seem like a huge waste of money. I almost died on my motorcycle in the desert.

Does any one but Ken advertise on the radio.

John Watson

Ron, don't miss your boat, Before you crank up the Vortex, (People try to tune that type of noise out) Have the wolf start Howling. When every one in a two block area comes to see what is making that sound. Tell him to Fetch... Talk about walk ups and a captured audience, You got a marketing tool there use him!!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hey Ron

Yes we do a lot of radio but we are somewhat larger than average so it makes sense. Radio is a fantastic medium (theater of the mind), but the challenge is to be successful a long view is needed. Repetition (frequency) is critical and along with that is timing and placement.

Timing is primarily morning drive (the trigger time to get someone to call)

Placement is being on a station that your prospect listens to.

Ken
Ps If you would like to talk about this directly I would be happy to. Radio is a high risk, potentially high reward medium.

Fon Johnson

Ken just said a mouthfull.. Morning drive or afternoon drive. A testimonial from a trusted on air personality is good. You have to be willing to commit to a campaign for a while.. What are the demographics of the station? You don't want to advertise to 18 year old guys who are listening while they install new neon lights on their car. How big is the listenership? The better the station, the more expensive the ads. You could spend a year advertising on the wrong station and not get a nibble.

Find out what personalities the women like. See if you can work a testimonial out of them. I'm about to start my radio campaign. I am starting with one show that has a regular listener base. I am getting the on air personality to do a testimonial for me. He has seen our work at our church, his home, and the radio station. As I can afford it, I am going to add other time slots. It is nothing to drop ten grand a month on some stations, or even MUCH more.

G

Ron dont listen to Fon , you will waste your money. Talk to NICK B. he would be more than happy to help you and give you really good ideas . As would anyone else from the Nellos family. Just ask they just did not build a 35 million dollar biz with out making a few mistakes along the way.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you could look for my thread about a month ago on this. I advertise on local stations only, that is what people who are into their towns listen to. I have 6 to 9 ads a week playing for about $150 a week. I get a big response from this Mon-Wed-Fri 2-3 60 second ads a day. All the offices in the surrounding towns have this playing. What it did for me was stitch togeher all my advertising where people were I heard this guy, I saw his online and I got a mailer everyone thought I was a brand new company and I got hot.
I just started it and because I haven't taken the time to ad up what came from where I couldn't tell you ROI, but it was a big kick in legitimizing my company. If I drove around town in a Vortex I wouldn't need any advertising, you can probably just print hundred dollar bills from your vac hose

Fon Johnson

Yes, by all means do NOT listen to someone who has been around radio for FORTY years. Ask your radio advice from a guy who builds truck mounts. 8)

Radio is about BRANDING.

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh so pet Wolfe is okay, so long as they don't think your a hard ass, or some kind of a conformist, huh?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom