RaptorBlast Hose

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just a note to our TM hose customers...

that the Raptorblast 275° F hi-temp hose has finally arrived.
raptorblast.jpg

Thanks for your patience,

Larry

Farenheit251

It is kind of pointless to run a high temp steel braid hose. You still can't run hot cause it transfers the heat and melts lines in vinyl and polyester carpet.

They can rate the hoses however they want but after regular blowouts on steel braid rated 250 I still haven't had a blowout not related to bad crimps on my Parflex rated 230.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
when it gets caught under the door the outside part chips away easily

Greenie

Jesus Larry, if I have to sell some rough jacket Steel braid, I'll stick with the Italian 311 deg. stuff.

But honestly, Parker Parflex in the Slippery BLUE jacket with the words Chem-Who KMA, is by far my best seller.
If 230 deg ain't enough, just kick up the flow a bit, cause 2 gpm at 230 rocks over 1.25 gpm at 260....and is safer too.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

We sell lots of the Parker 235° rated hose.

But we do have some "high heat" customers who can only use wire-braid,
and prefer the temp rating of 275° or higher.

They use larger pumps than the Vortex, so high flow is a given.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Larry.

I'm looking for sponsors for my trailer.

This will be a very high profile unit that gets displayed all over Norcal cads, fests and here on MB

Would you be interested in donating 200 feet of that hose?

Make sure to send some cobb's cpt supply decals for the side door.

Greenie

Larry, I'm staring at my Parker book, it's 230 deg hose, NOT 235, I've seen you post that a dozen times, might as well have it correct.

What does having a pump larger than a Vortex have to do with the hose? You are only gonna get about 3 gpm through ANY 1/4" hose period, and most TMs today can support that, so where does your comment come from?

High flow is all about wand jetting, wand plumbing, the hose is a minor consideration....how long we been talking this on these boards?

I got a crisp hundred dollar bill that says a TM running 230 deg with parflex will deliver hotter temp solution at the wand on 200' of 1/4" hose than the same truck running 260 deg and your 1/4" steel braid hose on the same 200'. That is a 30 deg head start, should be a suckers bet right?

There is a difference in giving the customer what they think they want, and educating them into a better product for the task and goals at hand.

But then you are a bit of a maverick in this industry if you do.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

They are using multiple hoses for more than one tool.

I think that is a good way to run the large TM's.

Also, the point of using wire braid,
is eliminate tube damage on the blue Parker hose.

Larry

Greenie

Two 1/4" solution lines to ONE tool? okay, I assume it's not a carpet wand. To each his own, but my comments still stand.

Greenie

aaah. overlooked that.

which only validates my point, if those "multiple tools" aren't high flow tools, then the "larger than a Vortex Pump" doesn't really come into play. It's all about the jetting.

Steve Smith

Greenie,

Why would a company like Prochem state in their Service Manuel: "All solution hose must be rated for 3000 PSI at 250°F. Thermoplastic hoses do not meet these specifications and should not be used. Severe burns and injury may result if the hoses do not meet these requirements."

If the Parker Parflex is a better, and safer hose, according to you. Why would Prochem highly recommend it not be used?

p.s. I'll take your bet, but you will have to bring the 1/4" hose.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have a fire burner and Greenie is right. I turned down my burner a little and use Parflex and my wand tube gets so hot I keep telling myself I got to get gloves. But I like "feeling" the heat.

When you clean in -20C for a few months every year your quickly realize how much more heat the Parflex delivers to your wand.

Greenie

Steve Smith said:
Greenie,

Why would a company like Prochem state in their Service Manuel: "All solution hose must be rated for 3000 PSI at 250°F. Thermoplastic hoses do not meet these specifications and should not be used. Severe burns and injury may result if the hoses do not meet these requirements."

If the Parker Parflex is a better, and safer hose, according to you. Why would Prochem highly recommend it not be used?

p.s. I'll take your bet, but you will have to bring the 1/4" hose.

I'm not Prochem, and all thermoplastics are not created equal.

And in Prochem's defense, what year was that written? Cause todays steel braid ain't the same as yesteryear.

I threw out a suckers bet, didn't think I'd get a sucker to bite, you of all people know your 1/4" steel braid loses heat at an alarming rate, that is why you use 3/8" hose with your fuel burner.
You still using that non-glided single jet steamway wand?
I know you like the 2.5" hose, but tell me you aren't still using a "whip" of 1.5"?

I've come to the conclusion some are just hard headed and gonna do what they want to do.

You never have run the 200' of parker 1035ht 1/4" have you? So you are going into this blind?

If you had you would know you don't have to crank the burner to super high temps just to melt some gum on 200' feet...you could run 30 deg less and get the same work done...safer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Steve Smith said:
Greenie,

Steve, from my personal experience steel braid is far more dangerous than Parker

I've run parker 17 out of 19 years.
the last 13+ with screaming Powermatics

Failures are instant and with out warning with steel braid.
Parker gives weeks of warning and I've never had one burst instantly.

The outer jacket blisters first.
Eventually pin sprays develop from those blisters, but I've never had a split/burst like i have several times with Ineptune.
3/8 Ineptune doesn't have the same failure rate as their 1/4 JUNK

personally, i don't know why anyone would 3/8 steel braid for CCing
way too heavy, way too hot to handle and simply over kill for wanding

..L.T.A.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
From the manufacturer's catalogue 1035HT-4 is rated at 1750 psi max working pressure and that the Min. Burst Pressure is 4x Max. Working Pressure.
So to me that reads they have 7000 psi as the minimum burst pressure. Since I only clean at up to about 1000 psi on hard surface that's a big enough safety margin for me. We have been using this product for over 20 years and have never had a significant problem despite the fact that we consistently use high heat.

Perhaps Prochem were just being overly cautious and specifying a higher standard than reality requires.

roro

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry C.;

This RaptorBlast hose was used to prevent the "neptune" hose failures.

The inner tube is much more resistant to carpet cleaning chemicals.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom