Rates for protector on furniture

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Most guys seem to charge 50% of cleaning cost.

However, there is big difference between 50% of the cleaning cost when it's $75 for sofa compared to $150.

I charge anywhere from $20 to 28 per linear ft. for cleaning.

Anyone else in that price range willing to share what they charge for protector after cleaning?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Charging by the foot? (Why yes Mrs Piffleton can you just walk along your sofa and tell me how many steps.....)

We charge by the seating position - a two bummer, three bummer, etc, and it's by my sized posterior

A five bummer is $180 plus extra if there is a lot of scatter cushions.

roro

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You go to a store and buy a new sofa, they'll charge more than what we charge for cleaning!
I see nothing wrong with 1/2 price for protectant, even if I am charging $150 for cleaning.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Anyone offer partial cleaning for the customers who don't want to pay full price?

Just the seating area, arms, head, foot.

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
$30 per linear foot for protection, lifetime protection warranty, with yearly cleaning of $35 per linear foot of same sofa. If they default on the yearly cleaning, then warranty is void.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
$5 to $7 a foot depending on amount of pillows and absorbency of fabric.

Exactimate down here gives $6-$9 a linear for fabric protection

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I get as much business as the insurance company gives me at those numbers. It's their program. If they say the furniture needs the protective coating put back on (If people have good insurance and request it from their adjuster) then I get it all day long.

Quite frankly I don't pursue upholstery. I can't make money spending an hour and half foaming shampoo onto a horse-hair brush and brushing it in, pre-toweling, extracting, spotting, post toweling and grooming furniture for $45.00 a sofa. That's what people want to pay. I just don't bother. If somebody asks about cleaning upholstery I ask them if it is valuable or sentimental. If they say no I tell them I only do quality work. If they want to take a chance with somebody who has cheap prices I can recommend somebody. It saves me a lot of time.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Weebco said:
$30 per linear foot for protection, lifetime protection warranty, with yearly cleaning of $35 per linear foot of same sofa. If they default on the yearly cleaning, then warranty is void.

Sorry Gary, I meant this Gary.
Do you get lots of uph to clean at these prices?

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I just checked last years QBook totals, and I have about $7500.00 in Upholstery cleaning and protection sales. But this is threw 1 contract that I have with a company in California. They work exclusively with interior designers. Almost All the Customers are High End and in exclusive neighborhoods. Some of the work is very unnerving.
But like I said, they are willing to pay big bucks, because they are referred by their Interior Designers.
I only make a Percentage on the total as well as the Designers.
But in the end this is what the Customer Pays. Or should I say Client.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom