Raw Hide solution hose

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
anyone heard of this stuff....................

normally I get 200 ft of good year
for the last few years I have been getting it from Cleaning Solution Source..........just over $200 for 200 ft with free fittings (QD'S)

For some reason.this time they did not want to cut the blue hose but said they would send it to me in Grey.............
fine what ever....
finally after waiting over a week the box come in and it has this blue rawhide hose in it

................321.97..................they
charged me for the fittings and 1.51 a foot for the hose..when with the good year they are free.....

I have no plans to use it but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it.............

all my years of being an electrician and the hundreds and thousands of large and very small parts that I have had to order I never have had half the problems that I have had when ordering anything threw the CC companies................wtf people............a lot of us don't have the time to be dicking around chasing things or having to return shit we because people cant get orders right.........or take it upon themselves to just ship what ever they want and charge these asinine markup prices..........

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
preach it Jim

never heard of it.

I have been wanting to say that for 2 weeks, it felt good to read it. Not good that it is happening to you, but just exemplifies why our service is more important than our end product.

bc

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is not as flexible as the good year

it looks like it has a thin plastic coat on it..........

bet this shit coils............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Serves you right for not buying Parflex from Greenie.

I don't want Parflex.......I am sure it is good stuff.......I hate a hose that coils...............

Plus I like to replace mine every year because we have a lot of rock and desert landscaping and our hoses take a beating and get all nicked and scratched........gouges ect..........

for a few hundred a year I get new fresh lines.......

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I run more heat than a V and mine still coils, but I like the paraflex. Its lighter and lasts longer.

-JB-

Name
JB
all my years of being an electrician and the hundreds and thousands of large and very small parts that I have had to order I never have had half the problems that I have had when ordering anything threw the CC companies................wtf people............a lot of us don't have the time to be dicking around chasing things or having to return shit we because people cant get orders right.........or take it upon themselves to just ship what ever they want and charge these asinine markup prices..........

AMEN.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
crying shame isent it.................

we all apparently love what we do but are subject to one of the most screwed up industries out there...............

distributors bending you over like they are the only ones with a product.............

BS sales men trying to take you for your last marketing dollar so they can line there pockets................

You have to waste so much time finding products that will do what they say....hold your breath and wait until it comes in and prey it is right...........

and we wonder what Carpet Cleaners are the scum in the pond.........

It all starts at the top..................

Personally.............we should start a room where we can go and have a list of people who we can trust and people whom not to deal with

we have a list like that in our monthly meetings here in town of clients not to go and clean for............saves all of us a hell of a lot of headaches...........

people want to change things in the ****** up industry.it is time to start black listing the assholes that take advantage of your hard earned money.................

Mikey P

Administrator
Why dont we start right here with you Jim...

Who do you refuse to do business with in this industry?

You started it, lets see how far we can go with this topic right here.

I can split the thread with a new heading if you'd like.

As for me, Ed Valentine is about the only person/ company whom I can honestly say I would never do business with ever again.

Farenheit251

Windtrax.com has the blue neptune for .75 a foot. I've ordered it several times with no problems. It is heavy for shipping. For the price I've considered going back to it and just replacing every 12 months but I had a problem with melting vinyl foyers.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Found a link for the hose:

http://www.afcocare.com/pdf_fls/hose.pdf

Can't get info on the pricing for that specific hose yet to see if you are being charged more than going rate for it. I would suggest you talk to the distributor who sold it to you, maybe it was a drop ship and they are unaware of the mix up.

It does look to be the same ratings as Goodyear.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
What about the hose that was on the AT at Vegas, forget what it was called, TOrnado?

And what do yyou do with your old hose? just chuck it? Can it be recycled or sold to a pressure washer?

I don't know anything about the Tornado hose

the old hose that I take off if it is not to nicked up and is still in half way descent shape I give to other cleaners that can use it............

If it is in bad shape and cut up I just throw it away........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Why dont we start right here with you Jim...

Who do you refuse to do business with in this industry?

You started it, lets see how far we can go with this topic right here.

I can split the thread with a new heading if you'd like.

As for me, Ed Valentine is about the only person/ company whom I can honestly say I would never do business with ever again.

Cleaning Solution Source............you don't adjust a shipment and take it upon yourself to charge someones card more then what the order that was placed...I understand what Lisa said about the drop shipment.....but they charged my card...that's not a mistake.......

I would love to say Interlink....but until I find something that is as good as Viper Venom I am forced to still use them.......There mark up on there chemicals is one of the highest that I have found in the industry.....

Just like everyone else........I work hard for my dollar.......I hate being gouged to me your just a thief.......

IMO.from what I see....Thanks to some in this industry.....most clients already think that we as Carpet Cleaners we are all as dumb as a box of rocks.........but whats is even worse........ is that most distributors.........marketing sales men......people that are supposed to be in this industry to help..... think the same way and stick it to you...
This is why most fail ........or cant afford to keep the equipment running in good shape so it can do the job it needs to..or buy the chemicals that can preform the way they should.......so they are out there hacking everything to death trying to keep there head above water....It is a vicious circle............but look where 95% of it starts........right at the top

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I would say a lot of suppliers and their sales people...truly dont know jackshit about things...honestly..some of the dumb things i have heard sales people say to custys...or to me for that matter...I mean DAMN...

And have you tried oxyblaster there Jim???

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
And have you tried oxyblaster there Jim???

I have tried it on tile a few times......I know a a few here like it for cleaning tile but I did not really care for the results I was getting

I was using it as a additive in my pre-spray....... but with the 02 and the power max... I have not had the need to put it in.........

the price on that stuff shot threw the roof over night..........

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
damn you still up???

or just getting up??

damn i am tired...stupid job took 2-3 hrs longer then it should have.....but shure does look purty 8) 8)

pics later

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
hose up date.....................this am before I leave I call Windtrax and order

2 lengths of 200 ft good year hose for LESS cost then the 1 length that I did not order from ....
Cleaning Solution Source........

got a hold of cleaning source and they swear up and down that this is what was ordered............

although I have never heard of the stuff and I know as always with this company all my invoices say good year and we went off there paper work
when placing the order.......and it was confirmed just not in the blue only in Grey.....

so they don't want the hose back and will not credit back my card.............

so I call the card company and have already put on the brakes and done the dispute thing............and will get it back anyway......we always do.....

in the end........they lost a client........plus a lot of business that I have for the last few years sent there way..........

I guess customer relations is not important to them...........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I realize why you can't ever get solid information off a bulletin board about good vs bad suppliers. People build relationships and friendships with suppliers and don't want to hurt their, or their supporters feelings. Personally, I have tried my best over the years to be honest about the suppliers I have tried, even when they're well known industry posters.

Of all the one's I've tried, the only two I completely trust are TCS and VacAway. These two companies truly offer good service, and if they occasionally screw up an order they will make it right asap.

I'm sure they're others, but these are the two I've found.

PS Oh, I almost forgot Greenie and Lisa. They've always been straight with me too.

Farenheit251

Now that you've ordered from Windtrax you know they were making over 100% markup. How stupid not to just make things right. My distributor had some Chems on clearance. Due to lineup changes name brand stuff at 50% off. I was buying three different products and the front desk had one they needed help with cause the computer didn't normally allow items to be sold below cost. Of course my question was does that mean the other two were both marked up over 100%. I never mind my distributor making money but I wanted to try Powerburst on Meat and Jimmys recomendation and it was over $33 for a 6.5 lb tub. Luckily my distributor was willing to give me 20% off on a bucket. No way i am paying over $5 a lb for powder.
Mentioned this to a small manufacturer and he said distributors won't consider carrying anything that they don't get a 100% markup on. I like buying local and supporting my distributor who is always there for me but there has got be a limit as to how high prices can go.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
BrianE said:
Now that you've ordered from Windtrax you know they were making over 100% markup. How stupid not to just make things right.

That may not be the case. Because WT is an older, huge company who caters not just to CC, but to carwash, PW, window cleaners, and many other industries as well, they have a super low buy price. Not all distributors pay the same, in fact the vast majority pay far more.

For example, JETS, we are a small, newer company and pay an exorbitant price for jets directly from Spraying Systems as a new distributor....however some older, higher volume companies can buy them WAY under our cost, in fact, they can make 100% margin and still sell them cheaper retail than we buy them from the manufacturer wholesale!

There are also territory issues in the distribution network and some distributors get hosed, being forced to buy from a third or fourth tier distributor because of their zip code, it's crazy how it works. Rest assured that most companies take very good care of their oldest and highest volume distributors.

As for refusing to take it back, I don't understand that, and doubt they can do it legally. Your course of action with the card was correct.

Good luck and take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

If people are going to expose the bad actors, as they should, its just as fair that good suppliers are mentioned here too. If someone or some company has done you a good turn that is important to mention them too.

Farenheit251

Lisa, if the distributor can't buy it for less than the price Windtrax is selling it for, wouldn't you hope they would be smart enough to buy it from Windtrax themselves? As a matter of fact that is where my distributor gets hose from.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
We have bought some items from Windtrax. However it is a vicious circle, feeding itself. You cannot build volume and time with a manufacturer if you buy from one of their distributors...and by buying from the distributor instead of the manufacturer you only make them look even better.

I would not be nearly as upset with them for their pricing as I would their refusal to take product back and issue you a refund.

Having been a cleaner, distributor and a manufacturer I have had the unique advantage of seeing all sides of these issues. Bottom line, I made the most money (profit, not gross sales) as a cleaner.

Take care,
Lisa

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'm with Marty on that vacaway guy....Steve Smith.

He won't do the BB bullshit advertising like all the other scumbags.

I would cut off my wife's big toe for that guy.

PS. Brian, that PC's Powerburst is for real and you can even mix it in your families soup.....its that good.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yep, Steve Smith is top notch!

He performed Jeff and I's marriage ceremony as well, but i try not to hold that against him... :wink:

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom