Raw UR-Out?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
So I’m at this place cleaning now. They called me because the place had already been cleaned twice by another cleaner and the urine odor is still strong. So they called me, the Urine-Ator.

Clicked on the UV light and the place lit up. Today I’m only aremed with my PLyme and one 32oz bottle of RAW. Reading the instructions on the RAW and seeing a bunch of banter about may take up to a week, and second visit may be necessary, I was quickly turned off. So I went for my trusty PLyme. Then it happened.... I ran out!

Not having any other options I grabbed my little bottle of RAW. Holy crap! 6.4 oz per gallon. Incredible. No Way is this going to work!

Sprayed the place down and treated the individual heavy spots then waterclawed. At 6.5oz per gallon the deodorizing was strong. The place smells awesome. So far I’m blown away. I put my face down to the carpet it is smells like a summers eve. Honestly, this stuff is strong. I’ll follow up on a few days and make sure it worked. But so far I’m really surprised. I also like the 20:1 ratio.

11A74EBF-DA3B-4093-A474-22C30A42500F.jpeg
D7190433-2B86-445B-ACD0-DA731B58C9AC.jpeg
8EEBBE63-816F-4AF8-A3B1-DC818969CAB3.jpeg

Last edited:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
So I’m at this place cleaning now. They called me because the place had already been cleaned twice by another cleaner and the urine odor is still strong. So they called me, the Urine-Ator.

Clicked on the UV light and the place lit up. Today I’m only aremed with my PLyme and one 32oz bottle of RAW. Reading the instructions on the RAW and seeing a bunch of banter about may take up to a week, and second visit may be necessary, I was quickly turned off. So I went for my trusty PLyme. Then it happened.... I ran out!

Not having any other options I grabbed my little bottle of RAW. Holy crap! .05 oz per gallon. Incredible. No Way is this going to work!

Sprayed the place down and treated the individual heavy spots then waterclawed. At .05oz per gallon the deodorizing was strong. The place smells awesome. So far I’m blown away. I put my face down to the carpet it is smells like a summers eve. Honestly, this stuff is strong. I’ll follow up on a few days and make sure it worked. But so far I’m really surprised.

View attachment 79531 View attachment 79532 View attachment 79533
did it seem like old contamination, or fairly new?
was there strong staining along with the odor?

is this product mainly for the odor or does it claim to get rid of tell tale yeloow as well?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
did it seem like old contamination, or fairly new?
was there strong staining along with the odor?

is this product mainly for the odor or does it claim to get rid of tell tale yeloow as well?
I don’t think it does much for yellowing. But this is dark brown carpet I’m working on. As for the age of the urine. I don’t know. It’s from the last tenant and I have about 80% coverage. So your guess is as good as mine.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Hopefully the product is getting rid of the urine and not just covering with a different stronger odor. I have had from customers who wanted to get rid of the odor of a urine control product that seemed to linger for weeks.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Some pet owners are just plain loco in the head. They call wanting you to get rid of their pee stink. Then they call you back 30-60 and longer complaining that the product you used is lingering around and it smells like your trying to hide or mask something.
“Mrs Homeowner, which would you prefer, house smelling like veteniary clinic or fresh spring cide? “

49203DBC-3FC8-4F44-B3D5-A6D06F056A29.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
They call wanting you to get rid of their pee stink. Then they call you back 30-60 and longer complaining that the product you used is lingering around and it smells like your trying to hide or mask something.

This is true. Hydrocide was designed especially for this type of customer. No fragrance. It just gets rid of whatever odor you are treating. This allows you and your customer to easily know if the product is working. Many folks won't like any smell that lingers for days.

Reactions: Nomad74

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hopefully the product is getting rid of the urine and not just covering with a different stronger odor. I have had from customers who wanted to get rid of the odor of a urine control product that seemed to linger for weeks.

We’re professional who don’t wear masks!

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
This is true. Hydrocide was designed especially for this type of customer. No fragrance. It just gets rid of whatever odor you are treating. This allows you and your customer to easily know if the product is working. Many folks won't like any smell that lingers for days.
So Scott...that stuff truly works that way? No scent?

Has anyone else used it?

Tom Forsythe

Hydrocide has limited odor and was the original formula. We also introduced Hydrocide for Wool without a fragrance. We combined both into one product using the Hydrocide for Wool formula. My bias for oriental rugs is to return them to the house smelling like wool and not a fragrance. Hydrocide Xtreme is our version with a pleasant fragrance. The fragranced version out sells the limited odor fragrance by 2 to 1. The odor encapsulant works on a molecular match concept. When you use the version with limited odor you know when you have used enough, while the fragranced version can be easily over used.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Hydrocide has limited odor and was the original formula. We also introduced Hydrocide for Wool without a fragrance. We combined both into one product using the Hydrocide for Wool formula. My bias for oriental rugs is to return them to the house smelling like wool and not a fragrance. Hydrocide Xtreme is our version with a pleasant fragrance. The fragranced version out sells the limited odor fragrance by 2 to 1. The odor encapsulant works on a molecular match concept. When you use the version with limited odor you know when you have used enough, while the fragranced version can be easily over used.
Is there an encapsulant made to work with urine? Is this what you are saying the odor encapsulant does? Or were you just expanding the topic of Hydrocide Xtreame a bit? If there is an encap juice that will mitigate urine, i'll try it.

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Hydrocide, like many of the products with ...cide in the name, is an odor absorber or odor encapsulater. This is different technology from encapsulation used to clean carpet.

The products are based on zinc salts which is the most recent technology for odor control. One molecule of the product contacts and absorbs the offending odor molecule. It works extremely well. To get the results, there must be 1) direct contact with the source of the odor, the odor molecule and 2) At least an equal number of odor control molecules as odor molecules. It works one to one. Any failure usually means one of those two conditions was not meant.

All the variations of ...cides are either different concentrations of the active ingredient or different fragrances added. There are a few odors it does not work on, otherwise it would not be possible to have an added fragrance since the active ingredient would absorb the added fragrance. The fragrances that are not affected can be hard to find and a little pricier than other fragrances.

Tom Forsythe

It works on organic odors, especially urine including any release of ammonia. However, the contaminants need to be removed or the odor will eventually come back. Odor encapsulants like Hydrocide work on the odor. Proper flushing, bacteria products, oxidizers work on the contaminants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom