RE in, Wand out..

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
if you don't want honest response, don't ask the question.
Hey Ron, You made several good points and really this isn't worth getting this worked up over... We all have strong opinions here and you are surely entitled to yours. Last RE I used was an RX 20 and I hated it. Surprised HM hasn't done a major update or replacement of that thing by now. Let's refrain from calling anyone ... the name that shall not be mentioned... RA... I know I have plenty to learn from you. :cool: Mikey is a good guy on a bad diet... he warned he was going to get cranky... :angry:

Mikey P

Administrator
I would welcome competing with you on any level as I know what the outcome would be

So same truck, same chemicals, same level of pre-vacuuming and you think you'll out clean me and my Brushead with a CRB and a wand?

Hilarious.

You OBVIOUSLY never used a modern RE in a real world setting, rather at a trade show or CAD.

Last edited:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The removal of abrasive material deep down in the fiber is a BIG reason homeowners should have their carpet cleaned regularly.

This is why a RE will help you deliver longer life to your customers carpet.

The carpet may look okay after a wand but did you dig the abrasive stuff out?

That's the stuff that causes carpet to wear more quickly.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Maybe just a little wiser, not as gullable. When you get some time you might want to read through some of the recent post regarding swirling streaking etc. Never say never but I believe that the Rotary extractor is far from perfected. Eric's design of the Zipper took a while, I bought one of the original ones. He listened to his customers and improved his design to perfection. Haven't seen it with the RE.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Here is the whole truth. With no disrespect Kent o hose who have come or been doing this before me.

A rotary extractor is not needed but maybe 15-25 percent of the time and this is based on your client demographics of course so it will vary based on yours.

No tool does the final digging like a rotary extractor regardless of what scrubbed the carpet before extraction. Not a spinner tool, not a wand, not a drag wand, nothing like a rotary. The rotary has the contact/agitation and the shear number of cleaning passes. There is no contest when the rotary is actually necessary or SHOULD BE USED.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Maybe I am not exposed to the type of customer who needs this restorative cleaning, I like to clean, non trashed carpet.:)

Mikey P

Administrator
20% is a fair number. Certainly for our Scruz client base. My guys prefer to use a 175/ shampoo brush/ wand rinse due to speed. But they know without a doubt when to bring out the RE.
When they get lazy and dont, the redo's occur.

Here in NV with my smaller machine I have to use the RE about half the time. Crb and wand the other 50%

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I use a RE in 90% or more of our residential jobs, Maybe half of the time it's just the living room.

But I don't own a CRB.

It's my next purchase.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
IMG_20160802_135127.jpg
IMG_20160802_135127.jpg
IMG_20160802_134914.jpg
IMG_20160802_135127.jpg
IMG_20160802_134914.jpg
IMG_20160802_135127.jpg
IMG_20160802_134914.jpg
IMG_20160802_135127.jpg
IMG_20160802_134914.jpg
IMG_20160802_134914.jpg
IMG_20160802_134914.jpg
I'm surprised that someone hasn't reinvented the power brush. Slow but nothing, not even a re beats it for digging out debris and flushing. Here my 20 inch, 14 flow steam valet.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Sorry for all the duplicates, sticky thumbs again. Another benefit is no swirl marks and it is approved by a carpet manufactures

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I used to own a rv dhx, worked good but didn't like it and sold it. All of these power tools are great for when you have trashed areas to clean but I don't know if you want to do every job with them. I see the advantage of the 360 with the brush head but again not on every job.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Just ordered a Zipper Spinner, would all you old skool mofo's form a line to the left.
I believe the Zipper Super Spinner is a far better tool for the average Carpet Cleaner or Guru... you will get excellent results superior to the now old school and conventional - RE!
No question about it and you get these results without pulling up the carpet and leaving the swirl marks everywhere! Did I mention it's also WAY FASTER! :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom