Re-starting biz, question about reaching out to old customers???

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
So I'm finally getting ready to re-start my business full time. I've announced this before, but was never ready or didn't have the resources needed. So here we go. Here is my first of many questions. I have invoices and/or addresses going back a long time. I'm going to put together a new mailing list of most recent customers and/or ones I know are still around. Here is my question. is it better to treat this as a "grand re-opening" or is it better to just go with the idea I've been here all along??? Or is it better to initially send out a letter hand addressed for the personal touch?

For the past 3 years or so I've just cleaned part time. No advertising or anything other than my website.

Becker

Name
Becker
Tough call Curt, I'd say reopening, only because I'm sure your clients are not stupid.

But ya know what, you 2nd mailer 2 months later can act as if you have always been there.

1st mailer will help clean your data base, my one mailer a year via snail mail scrubs it.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I never was good at getting email addresses, so for now I need to go snail mail. The only reservation about a re-opening is that as is I can say I've been in business since 2002.....so I don't know. I am going to do something different for realtors I've worked with.

My goal initially is to get the phone ringing as quickly as possible.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Or is it better to initially send out a letter hand addressed for the personal touch?

That's what I would do. Your biggest expense will be stamps, but I think you would get a much better response then say postcards.

I wouldn't worry about grand opening or grand re-opening(both sound goofy-imo + You were already open)... I would play more to the "were going full time" or "now available 24-7" or "were all in" angle. Most previous custys would be happy to hear that. Right?

Due to the overwhelming response from our loyal custys we are happy to announce, "we are now available 24-7" or "were going full time" etc.....

Whatever you choose, I'd do the letter and send some biz cards w/them.

Mikey P

Administrator
I never was good at getting email addresses, so for now I need to go snail mail. The only reservation about a re-opening is that as is I can say I've been in business since 2002.....so I don't know. I am going to do something different for realtors I've worked with.

My goal initially is to get the phone ringing as quickly as possible.

I told you how...

"Mrs Windgrove, if I can get your email address I'll send over a "How to prep your home for our visit" letter as soon as we hang up..."

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],​

We look forward to your upcoming appointment. We’ll need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
1. Please arrange for a parking spot as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible

2. Remove all breakable items from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)

3. Other than large furniture, please remove all items from the floor
(waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc.). If you are physically unable to move things yourself and cannot arrange for help, we will be more than happy to assist. Please pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. We will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment

4. Have a safe place for your pets to stay,

Your front door or other access point will need to be left open during the cleaning process and we would hate it if Skippy or Shadow escaped.
5. Tell us your every concern.
Please point out spots and spills and tell us what they are.
6.We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards, ceiling fans and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.

7. If we are cleaning your upholstered furniture:
Please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can clean them outside or in your garage. The pieces set can be on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be "A" framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.

and finally;

#8. If you have requested a Teflon Protector to be applied to your carpet or furniture after cleaning (recommended!) please plan on treading as lightly as possible for the next 12 hours as the sealant needs time to cure.

Thank you for choosing Connoisseur!
[h=3]Did you know that we also clean Tile, Stone and Grout? Take a look at our website and Blog for more information. If you would like to add on additional work please let us know ahead of time so we can come out for a free in home estimate and add time to complete the additional work.[/h]

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 831 588 9063

Mike Pailliotet
www.santacruzclean.com

We really appreciate glowing reviews on Google and Yelp! to help our business grow.

Like us on FaceBook @ facebook.com/CarpetCleaningSantaCruz

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I told you how...

"Mrs Windgrove, if I can get your email address I'll send over a "How to prep your home for our visit" letter as soon as we hang up..."

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],​

We look forward to your upcoming appointment. We’ll need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
1. Please arrange for a parking spot as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible

2. Remove all breakable items from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)

(waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc.). If you are physically unable to move things yourself and cannot arrange for help, we will be more than happy to assist. Please pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag. Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place (i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. We will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment

Your front door or other access point will need to be left open during the cleaning process and we would hate it if Skippy or Shadow escaped.
6.We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards, ceiling fans and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.

Please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can clean them outside or in your garage. The pieces set can be on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be "A" framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.

and finally;

#8. If you have requested a Teflon Protector to be applied to your carpet or furniture after cleaning (recommended!) please plan on treading as lightly as possible for the next 12 hours as the sealant needs time to cure.

Did you know that we also clean Tile, Stone and Grout? Take a look at our website and Blog for more information. If you would like to add on additional work please let us know ahead of time so we can come out for a free in home estimate and add time to complete the additional work.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 831 588 9063

Mike Pailliotet
www.santacruzclean.com

We really appreciate glowing reviews on Google and Yelp! to help our business grow.

Yes, i like that!

Did shorten it up a little bit though into bullet points.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Curt I think going personal is the way to go. Your past clients now Curt!

I just cold called or called direct some client from 1998 win I started back up in 2004.

Most where thrilled and wanted to use us again.

Personal contact with Realtors is best for me. Commercial is a call to old supervisor.

That's my opinion.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
His pre SFS
link1.gif
old 8 track tape instant guru 101 series left a mark.
a little of Cobb's new spotter will take that right off.......and a little skin too. :p

Name
Swani
I told you how...

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],

and finally;

[h=3]Did you know that we also clean Tile, Stone and Grout? Take a look at our website and Blog for more information. If you would like to add on additional work please let us know ahead of time so we can come out for a free in home estimate and add time to complete the additional work.[/h]

Mike Pailliotet

www.santacruzclean.com

Mike are you still using this letter, or have you made changes?

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
So I'm finally getting ready to re-start my business full time. I've announced this before, but was never ready or didn't have the resources needed. So here we go. Here is my first of many questions. I have invoices and/or addresses going back a long time. I'm going to put together a new mailing list of most recent customers and/or ones I know are still around. Here is my question. is it better to treat this as a "grand re-opening" or is it better to just go with the idea I've been here all along??? Or is it better to initially send out a letter hand addressed for the personal touch?

For the past 3 years or so I've just cleaned part time. No advertising or anything other than my website.

Pending how desperate you are, going to knock on doors of prior clients isn't a bad idea...More personal...You may find a boatload of people has moved and meet new faces and make a new client! That's actually what I might do! Put on your Sunday clothes and look presentable maybe with card and brochure!

Ya really, 4 years ago...We'll here be some great info for the 21st-century guy or gal or whatever you are!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom