Rebuilding a Super Swivel

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I get about 6-8 months from my Super Swivels. My current one is leaking pretty bad so I took apart an old one that was also leaking. I’m going to try and use new Ace Hardware O-rings and see if that fixes it. I did order a new $40 swivel, but i want to see if I can. I know my little ACE Hardware fix may not be a Viton o-ring but im interested to see if it will work.

You can see in the pic the O-ring wore out.

10611A97-F01E-41E7-8138-24782B368928.jpegA1A34D0B-3239-4332-871B-3A76AFD329DC.jpeg

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
ace hardware should be fine

but they also sell rebuild kits got like ten bucks
Yeah. I saw that. I didn't know what kit to get. There were many to choose from. I’ll call them later and find out the exact kit. Maybe stock up on a few.

Glad i found an online place to buy my swivels from. My OTC supplier was charging me $85 for the swivel.

Reactions: FredC

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Busted out three jobs today. One was a greasy Italian restaurant where I used my Cimex and Zipper SS at 950 PSI. The swivel held tight with no leaks. I’m happier than Marty at a women’s suffrage meeting.

steve_64

I was going to say I bet those orings don't hold up very long.

Add metal fatigue to the equation and its often best to replace the whole thing.

Reactions: Nomad74

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
To many moving parts for high pressure system. Why use it?

steve_64

It wouldn’t hurt if you pass the female part and the male part through a few minutes of wire wheel and clean it up a bit.

When going for reinstall use super lube on all the orings.
I'm not sure what super lube is but I know petroleum products swell some orings. Probably not the orings on these parts though and I'm sure you are right. Just wanted to make sure he knows there is a difference in lubricants.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Get the tube of grease.

Good stuff and makes putting things like pump heads and such back together easier and reduces risk of dry ruining as it provides some time of protection.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom