Recoil fix

Brian L

Name
Brian L
For those of you that have a Recoil and have had the issue of the 1.5" hose fitting on the bottom of the vac motor falling off......I found a solution.

I was messing with mine today and I noticed the third vac was not sucking so I knew the fitting came off again. Instead of using epoxy for the connection I scraped off the paint where the fitting touches the vac motor, then I used my belt sander and re-flattened the plastic fitting so there would be a good connection. I have this 3M double sided foam tape that was left over from my machining days, so I put a double layer on the bottom of the fitting and then stuck it to the bottom of the vac. The fitting is on there real good and does not budge at all.

While I was putting the machine back together........the other two fittings on the other motors fell off so I did the same to those.

Greenie

first...how come this thread and a few others are outside the Elec. Equip. room?

second, I've read more than once where Ed said NOT to remove the epoxy paint, and to use some super duper glue he reccomends...I always found that suspicious, as the damn paint tends to flake in a wet vibrating environment...The sticky tape can't be any worse.
Does your unit still have the light switch dimmer?
1.5" hose barb?
cheap alum. wand with no grab handle?

Brian L

Name
Brian L
There was no epoxy paint left on the motor after the fitting came off. That epoxy is not going to stick to metal.

The light switch dimmer.........are you referring to the adjustment for the pump? If so, yes.
The pump is 250 psi.

I put a 2" barb on a while back.

Greenie

No, yours had the pump-tec regulator, my old mighty-one had a reostat, it was straight up a round light dimmer switch from your living room.

Gluing the vac hose conenctions to lamb motors is pretty ghetto, they make those vac cases with an optional 1.5" nipple, no need for all the hardware store approach.

Good place for a pic:

Brian L

Name
Brian L
I ordered some of those from Cobb three weeks ago, still waiting for them to arrive.

On a side note: the past two orders I have placed with Cobb I have had to call 2 weeks later to remind them that I placed an order. I am done with them.

Greenie

we all stumble sometimes.

that said, send me an email or call with what it is you seek, I "could" drop it off or just next day UPS it, the bennies of being just up the road.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom